Japanese Diet pills anyone?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has tried them? my girlfriend lost 30 pounds on them, she says they make you shizz like no other at first, so you have to stay close to a toilet.....but she says it doesn't make you feel jittery or anxious and that they are herbs, not neccisarily a "drug"... I was thinking of trying it just because no matter how much fiber i eat, i just seem to get super gassy but not number two-ey(tmi)

Replies

• ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    just ask yourself one question: would you rather have a relationship with the toilet or with the rest of the world?

There are better ways to take a *kitten*. Just sayin'.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'd say go see your doc about it - taking unspecified "herbs" that induce that kind of reaction is probably not a good idea.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    well i have never taken laxatives before, but would love to, but i am waaaaaaay to scared that i will like od or something lol. But 30 pounds sure is a lot of weight loss....
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    oh and btw thanks to our lovely country being so afraid of universal health care, i don't have a doctor....i don't have insurance at all infact. The only time i get any medical help is if i wait 12 hours at the er for an emergency
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I didn't know the Japs HAD a pill lol. I'm interested tho
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    so you're willing to pop pills out of a bottle you can't read yet scared to take laxatives they sell here in the states for such purposes?

is this about needing to *kitten* or just sh*tting for weight loss?
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    well i have never taken laxatives before, but would love to, but i am waaaaaaay to scared that i will like od or something lol. But 30 pounds sure is a lot of weight loss....

I tend to take laxatives. Especially if I eat lots the night before. Only thing tho is that you really really really shouldn't make a habit out of it. Using them for a bit and then stopping for a couple weeks is usually what I do.
    Depending on how much you take (I take the pills not the herb crap) depends on what happens. I find if I take 4 or so I'm up pretty damn early the next morning with pains and the need to go. It helps me feel de-bloated tho if I've ate too much. Just my opinion
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Lol, just eat prunes.................
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    take evening primrose oil pills instead it stops bloating and gas you'll see the difference right away this is definately safer then the pills you mention. Too much potty use can give you hemerroids you don't want that. As for losing weight sorry there's no quick fix its better to lose it the healthy way you might keep it off then and you'll have stamina to workout and shape your body. Good luck.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    oh and btw thanks to our lovely country being so afraid of universal health care, i don't have a doctor....i don't have insurance at all infact. The only time i get any medical help is if i wait 12 hours at the er for an emergency
    Try CVS or Walgreens for their clinics. Cheaper, and a helluva lot faster, than the ER when it isn't a major emergency. I went to CVS yesterday to get a diagnosis for pinkeye and a prescription.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    5-6 dried apricots will help the poo problem. I learned about it on here and it works. :-)
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    PS I'm single mom of two and don't have health insurance either but why create a problem for yourself when you don't know what the outcome will be and you definately learn by your mistake when you get the bill.
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would consult a pharmacist. It's free and they encounter people with those type of questions and problems. Although their knowledge on herbs may be somewhat limited, but there are ways for them to look up stuff. Just ask the pharmacist for a recommendation for something OTC.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I say try it. If they are all natural. Check into your products. Do the research and choose what is right for you.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    1. Buy a watermelon. Cut it up. Eat it. ALL of it. Too much to eat? Get a bag/box of prunes or dried plums as they are calling them now. Eat them instead.
    2. Don't go far from the bathroom.

Taking laxatives regularly can and does cause some SERIOUS problems, dependence on them being the least of your problems. Google "Toxic megacolon". Laxative abuse isn't good for you. Eat right, and drink plenty of water.

BTW, Emergency Departments are designed for EMERGENCIES, not minor inconveniences like I feel bloated and want to wear my skinny jeans. The sickest people with life threatening illness or injuries are seen first.
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    i tried the 2 day diet pills they worked pretty well
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    i know thats what the er is for lol...thus the reason i never see a dr, the last time i went to the doc for just a "check up" was when i was like 11....so when people say things like "talk to you dr before starting any weight loss program or exercise program" i can't...and have to just come to conclusions for myself.

And i have tried the healthy way, i really have, but healthy food gets sooooooooooo boring after a while. I have been raised on fast food so after about a month of healthy eating i get tired of it and want to resort back to the grease. They say your taste buds change, but mine have proven to not change. Don't get me wrong, i love all veggies and fruits *except pineapples and papayas* but not ALL THE TIME.

As for the hemmeroids, ummmm i did NOT know that you can get those from laxatives....not cool lol
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i know thats what the er is for lol...thus the reason i never see a dr, the last time i went to the doc for just a "check up" was when i was like 11....so when people say things like "talk to you dr before starting any weight loss program or exercise program" i can't...and have to just come to conclusions for myself.

And i have tried the healthy way, i really have, but healthy food gets sooooooooooo boring after a while. I have been raised on fast food so after about a month of healthy eating i get tired of it and want to resort back to the grease. They say your taste buds change, but mine have proven to not change. Don't get me wrong, i love all veggies and fruits *except pineapples and papayas* but not ALL THE TIME.

As for the hemmeroids, ummmm i did NOT know that you can get those from laxatives....not cool lol

I totally wouldn't take the pills. Your friend might say it was the pills but it'll be a bit of starvation as well. possibly bulimia.

i mean, where do you draw the line? Is bulimia a good weight-loss method? I'm sure many have lost weight on it. Lost the enamel on their teeth obviously - but lost weight.

I had a girlfriend who messed her innards up so badly that when she finally confronted it (with yucky sores on her face and all sorts of problems) she had to eat special yoghurt every day and could only eat in egg-sized portions or she would spontaneously vomit. Just forget the pills is my advice. Forget the tricks. if they were worth the problems they bring we'd all be doing it.

If you have to have fast food, give yourself one meal a week of junk. stuff the diet, go wild. Say the dinner after weigh-in. You can always add those points in there if you want. or turn a blind eye. What's 1000 cals after all? okay it's 1/7th of a pound of fat on your bum. You choose...

or if you're desperate have one mackers meal a day and have diet health shakes for the other two goes to retrieve some vitamins.

Just sit there with your daily calorie quota and ask yourself how you'll spend it - but watch those creepy pills from strange countries that are not tested and checked. ALL pills come from plants. Quite a few herbs will kill you on the spot. herbs aren't guaranteed to be harmless.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My brother recently lost 30 pounds, and he eats Wendy's and Subways literally every day. He just chooses less calorie-heavy options from their menu, and makes sure he doesn't go over his 1600-calorie daily limit.

Me, I eat out at LEAST once a week, and enjoy my fast food every other week or so.

You can do it. :) You just have to want the results more than you want junk food. Then you can find a way to work some junk food into your weight loss.

bridge101 is right... Herbs don't necessarily mean harmless.
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make a habit out of it for the reasons mentioned here by others... but I do sometimes drink Chinese Slim Tea, which has a similar effect. I have a very dodgy digestive system and sometimes it's nice to feel cleaned out and flat stomached, especially before a big event. But the rest of the time I eat a lot of fibre and eat pretty well and that keeps me regular.

Also, just so as you know, laxatives don't work for weight loss (see this for a good explanation: http://www.health-emark.com/weight-loss-laxatives.html). Any weight you do lose would be from the weight of poo and dehydration.

Good luck!