When do you workout

Options
What time of the day do you generally workout?

Replies

• jenninsocal
    Options
    What time of the day do you generally workout?
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Well I just got done working out 30 min ago I sent a msg and no one wanted to join. So I guess. I do it when ever it's convenient. I figure there's a lot of people on this site right now maybe someone else needed to get there workout in so we could do it together maybe next time.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If I don't work out in the morning, it doesn't happen! I have no motivation once the day has begun! :laugh:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I do in the afternoon/evening. After dinner, but before my evening snack. I would like to do it in the morning, but on work days it just isnt plausible for me!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Before dinner, not a morning person .
  • kristinwilleke
    Options
    I wear my gym clothes to run an errand or something, then since I'm already out and dressed to work out, I don't have an excuse to not stop by the gym.

I also like to go at night a couple hours after dinner. Then I try not to snack when I get home, and I feel SO good the next morning! :)
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    6:00 am everyday, except Sunday & Monday, those are my days off so I work out at 7:00 instead. If I don't do it in the morning it won't happen.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    On days where I do pilates and the treadmill I start at around 12pm, do 30 minutes of pilates with DS, then at 12:30pm sharp he goes down for his nap and mommy hops on the treadmill.

On days where its just the treadmill or just pilates I start at 12:30. It gives me enough time to wake up, have breakfast and do some housework/schoolwork.
  • Shannanrw
    Options
    I usually work out about an hour or so after lunch. Trying to get to the YMCA 5 times a week.

112485.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lake1sha
    Options
    me personnally i have to do it 1st thing in the morning. I got 3 kids and I am in the military so i have alot to distract me, so if I don't do it then my motivation is gone for that day.

112148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    before I started studying for exams I worked out mon wed fri around noon and saturday and sunday whenever it worked out best. Tuesdays and Thursdays were a little too hectic to find the time to work out. Unfortunately I am now on hiatus from working out but I'm still trying to eat healthy during this overwhelming finals time. They're over on thursday though!!! And friday you will definitely find me at the gym.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We have an appointment at my gym's playroom every Monday and Wednesday afternoon and Saturday mornings. If I don't go then they charge me for the missed appointment...this helps my "motivation"
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I work out at lunch at my gym at work on Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri- approx 1230-130.
    Then on the weekends, at my supplemental gym usually Sat morning &/or Sunday afternoon.
    Also sometimes I do doubles and go for a night workout.

It's crazy but for me it works :)
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I work out by 5:30 a.m. I tried going in the evenings after work and never wanted to go so first thing in the mornings works best for me.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    i work out at 5:15 every morning. Some days I work out twice. I teach spinning twice a week in the evenings and play basketball too.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    around dinner time...any time between 4:30-6:30pm! I trying to get used to working out in the morning...but it doesn't look like that is happening!
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    for me its mornings.... 7:00 am to 8:00 am... all weekdays!!
    Sat and Sun are off...
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    mornings (it varies depending on my study schedule for that day).

If I can't make it in the morning, then late afternoon (4:30-5:45)
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Morning for me..or I don't seem to "find the time".:flowerforyou:
  • laine23
    Options
    I would have said morning but I'm ashamed when I read people's morning is at 5 or 6 AM!!!!
    My mornings are at 9. And it's the best for me cuz I don't feel heavy of eating the supper, I have the most energy. Sometimes I workout after 8PM but I have less energy and then I can't sleep I'm too excited. But when it fits the schedule is pretty much the answer. I exercise three times a week but I should do 4.