It's Working!

Options
In a little over a month, I've lost 14 lbs! This is huge for me. I have been very sick unfortunately since the birth of my daughter a few years ago with depression and anxiety, then diagnosed with bipolar 2, making it nearly impossible for me to lose weight. I wanted to in the worst way, but I just didn't have the willpower or energy to care about anything, least of all my weight. In fact, I gained about 100 lbs trying to make my self feel better when i felt so terrible. What a nightmare. Thankfully I have finally found a combination of medications that are working for me and I've been able to get on the wagon with getting my health back in order. My original goal is to get to 140 lbs (im 5'5). I started out at 260 and am now 246.8 as of this morning. Wahoo! I know it'll be a long journey but I just couldn't continue to gain weight any more. I was in danger of having to have my wedding ring cut off and that was it for me. I couldn't stand the humiliation. I guess everyone has a wake up call.
I love this site and reading everyone's stories. It's so inspirational and gives me the boost I need when i see everyone going through the same things as me.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. Keep up the good work. I too love the site and hope it never goes away.
  • jillwm
    jillwm Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats! :-)
  • jridgway49
    Options
    Way to go...Keep it up you can do this...small steps at a time !!
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You can do it!!! Just believe!
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, I love it when a plan comes together. Were all in this together, keep up the good work.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You can do it!!! We are all in this together....I love MFP...

Good luck in your journey :)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    well we have some similarities...i started at 273 right now i finally got myself to start again. My dad was sick then passed last year and i was very depressed and before all that couple years ago i started getting panick attacks so i was put on meds to handle that. So I am trying to get on track i did it in the past but i was just not into it till now :) good luck and wtg so far
  • tessjk
    tessjk Posts: 8
    Options
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!