Easy Egg "Muffin" Recipe

akaChuck
akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
edited October 1 in Recipes
I had a lot of leftover "Southwestern Style" Egg Beaters that I needed to use up and came across a recipe online...of course I modified it :P It's SUPER simple and quick!

2 Cups southwestern style egg beaters
2 cups baby spinach
Sprinkle a little cheese on top for taste

Preheat oven to 375

Place ingredients in muffin tin (I sprayed with Pam spray so they wouldn't stick) and fill each about 3/4 of the way full.

Bake for 17-20 mins and enjoy! I believe the recipe counter on MFP said one "muffin" was only 47 calories, so I had a few ;)

Replies

• gotta try that! thanks!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I love eggbeaters too. Such a great low cal, low carb meal or snack any time of day. Thanks for posting.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Sounds great--thanks for sharing!

Do you know if these keep well in the fridge or freezer? I am looking for some make-ahead breakfasts to mix things up a bit.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    I love this idea! I'll have to try egg beaters. I do this with whole eggs and egg whites. There are so many variations you can use! And you can freeze them for quick grab-n-go breakfasts for the work week. Pop them in the microwave for a minute and ready to go.

There are some you can make with cottage cheese too, for extra protein (and more calories though).
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    I'm def. going to try this one...once I get a muffin pan :)
    This also seems like a healthy meal for my son too.
    Thanks for recipe!
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Great idea! I'll have to make these and try freezing them for quick, high protein options.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    I read that you can put them in the fridge and then pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds? Haven't tried that yet.

Just a simple recipe to make a busy life easier ;)
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    bump!
This discussion has been closed.