I am finally admitting I need help!

Hi all,
So I stepped on the scale recently and was appalled at what I saw. I have always thought that I was ok because I run alot but my problem is that I eat alot of junk too and can't say no :( I am hoping to get motivation from all of you out there as I read your success stories! I am looking forward to someday posting my own success story fo reveryone to see. Any helpful tips are quite welcome.

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    welcome. u could do it. just take it one day at a time
  • WPoppysmith
    WPoppysmith Posts: 33 Member
    I am sure you will be fabulous, I am pretty new to MFP and I love to read other peoples stories and find that I am not alone.
    To all the ladies on here, new and old you really are inspirational and like muendelyn I hope that one day I will be able to write my success story.
    Good luck Muendelyn you have taken the first and biggest step.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    You are on the right track and have taken the first steps towards a healthier life. MFP is great. If you use all the tools it does work. Good luck to you in your journey.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to. Lots of support here-you'll like it. Lots of advice too, good, bad and a range in-between, but most everyone is trying to be helpful. :)

My own addition, take it for what you will:
    You can say no, you are just choosing not to. That's not a judgment, just a fact-I make lots of bad choices ;) But being honest to yourself about your choices will help you change them. If you can't help it, you have no power. If you made a bad choice, you are in control and can choose better next time.
    Just keep choosing 'better', realizing you will probably slip now and then. Before you know it, most of your choices will be 'good' ones and when you choose to do something more indulgent and 'bad' you'll also be able to mitigate the impact on your progress.