sooo annoyed with myself

on the weekend i attended my friends wedding and had a few glasses of wine. the next day i didnt manage to go to the gym and ate junk all day including a mcdonalds chicken nugget meal :mad: !!!!
today ive been called into work due to someone being sick so im here until tomorow now... wich means no gym today either!!!
3 days without the gym and eating 'naughty' food means ill most definatly have a gain come sunday :sad:
im attending the gym wed,thurs,fri and sat then weigh sunday morning i just hope the results arnt to bad... :embarassed:

anyone else ever had an experience ike this and came out ok??

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    on the weekend i attended my friends wedding and had a few glasses of wine. the next day i didnt manage to go to the gym and ate junk all day including a mcdonalds chicken nugget meal :mad: !!!!
    today ive been called into work due to someone being sick so im here until tomorow now... wich means no gym today either!!!
    3 days without the gym and eating 'naughty' food means ill most definatly have a gain come sunday :sad:
    im attending the gym wed,thurs,fri and sat then weigh sunday morning i just hope the results arnt to bad... :embarassed:

anyone else ever had an experience ike this and came out ok??
    Yep just this past weekend. Since Saturday I've loaded up on calories since a party. And Sunday we ate left overs. Went up over 3lbs. Today down half of it. Will be gone by the day after tomorrow.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    All the time.....and yes sometime came out ok. It is ok to enduldge every now and then. I don't think it is going to break you. Tomorrow is another day..just begin anew.

good luck!
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    More time than I care to admit!

JUST...LET IT GO.

You can't change it and the more I dwell on my eating indiscretions (lol), the more I end up making it worse...

Today is another day :)

Good luck!

E xox
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    I know how you feel! Every time I have an off day or an indulgence day, I spend the next day pigging out too! I dont know why but it ALWAYS happens no matter how good of a start I have!! Just work extra hard over the next few days and you'll be fine!!
  • jesscsock
    jesscsock Posts: 25 Member
    Yes, this has happened to me a lot recently with going on holidays and not always being able to exercise. But I just think of the 3500 calories to a lb, it would take a long time to put on all the weight you've lost so far, it certainly wouldn't be completely ruined just by a few days. You've got all those days of working out to counteract it before your weigh in too, so I'm sure you will be fine :)
  • KVBROOME
    KVBROOME Posts: 10
    Ugh, yes, I am up 4 lbs right NOW b/c of my weekend. It's hard to hang out with friends and not indulge!
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    I hear ya. My daughters birthday was saturday, so big sleepover at our house, pizza, cake, then Sunday family lunch at olive garden and more cake to follow. Sure, I could have skipped the cake, but I didn't. My wi was today and I was up .4 Could have been worse. Lesson learned. This week is a new week.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Life is full of ups and downs, road blocks, hurdles,.... This is a life style change, not a weight loss goal. You have to be able to overcome the obstacles and move forward from it! You will get over this obstacle and turn it around. Don't be so hard on yourself. THAT'S LIFE!
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Been there, have the T-shirt. Just accept it for what it is......a fun, nice food weekend and move on. You need the odd blow-out, life is for living.

You might not gain as much as you think at all. Just work extra hard when you can to burn it off.
  • Like everyone else has said, you can't dwell on what's done now. Hit the gym like you normally would for the next couple days and you should be fine. I indulged over the weekend as well and I actually only went up 2lbs. But I'm back on my workout routine so I should be fine by the end of the week. Good luck!
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    I agree with everyone to just leave it be and mve on...you may have a wee gain but if you do it'll come back off again. Last Monday I gained 10lb after a 3 day boozefest......8.5 are back off again already so don't be worrying about it because you can't change it now xx
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    you cant change what has happened, so dont stress over it.
    focus on eating healthier from now and ditch the junk food.
    go to the gym when you are able and try and do an extra 10 mins workout per session to try and make up for any junk food/drink and missed gym sessions
    xxx