Those doing 30 Day Shred..

Options
Hi guys/girls

I have the 30 day shred on DVD and am going to start it again, only last time I tried it, it killed me! there is no way I can do it everyday for 30 days....

Does anyone else do it, but not each day? Am thinking of doing it 3 times a week ( I go to Aerobics on a Monday and Body Combat on a Tuesday) so was thinking of doing this Wed/Thur/Fri.

Would I still see good results doing it this way?!?! Or do I really need to be doing it everyday?!

Also, I wanted to totally kick butt on Level 1 before I moved on to Level 2 etc so it might be a few weeks on one level...

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hey..I did 30DS every day, and honestly, at first I felt like I was going to DIE.
    So what I did was I followed the modified version, but I only did what I could do, ie) If I felt like I could only do 15 jumping jacks, i'd push to do 18 and then just jog in place or box until she moved on to the next move. I also at first did the weight exercises with only 3lb weights (and I didn't even use them for all of the reps), and for pushups, I did them against the wall until I had a little more strength. By the end I could follow the modified girl move by move with weights and pushups on the floor. I had really good results, not a change in my weight but I lost 3 inches off of my waist and hips (each) and 1.5 inches off of each thigh. So I think if I can modify it like that and have it still work, it would definitely still be really effective for you to do it every other day as long as you're still doing good exercises on your 'off' days!! Best of luck!
  • BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've just started this too! I've done two days so far and everything aches - I was also just thinking, 'how do people do it for 30 days in a row??' so I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like that!

I'm not going to be doing it in 30 consecutive days, as I have a running plan that I need to stick to in order to prepare for a 5k race in September and a 10k some time after that. Running is my main exercise and I don't want to give it up for the 30DS.

I think the way I've read it, is that if you want the best chance of the results the DVD promises, you should try to do it as many consecutive days as possible. However, if you are content to make slower progress, do it as often as you feel comfortable.

Like you, I'm going to see how I feel after 10 days at Level 1 and if I want to do a few extra days of it before moving to Level 2 I will.

That's my 2p worth :)
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Cheers!

Yeah, I really couldnt muster doing it each day, last time I felt like I was dying...and really painfully as well! lol

Think will start it again this week, but just do a couple of days and stick with the gym classes also...will try it like this for maybe a month and if not seeing any results or feel if I can do more I will up the number of times!