How much did you eat before MFP?

Options

Replies

• JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Oh boy...this is just scary for me to tell anyone! You don't get to nearly 400 lbs without overeating and doing it badly. =(

Let's see, usually I wouldn't eat breakfast at all - Unless there was leftover pizza or something like that for me to eat. Even at that, I usually never ate much. But I would start the morning out with a Mountain Dew.

Lunch - Again, snack on whatever. I'd have days I didn't eat much of anything at all. And then I had days I'd go to Wendy's and get three orders of the $1 chicken nuggets, a Large fry and a burger and eat that all with yet another, Mountain Dew or get a medium pizza and eat it all....or I'd make a huge bowl of soup I liked (like cheese soup!), and eat it, dipping bread in it and polishing off nearly a whole loaf of french bread. Or if it was a really bad day, I'd go get anything sweet I could find and eat it. And usually all of it.... =(

Dinner - Whatever hubby and I made for dinner or wherever we went....the key here was I'd usually eat as much or more than he ate. For instance, if we got pizza - we'd do a family deal, 2 large pizzas and breadsticks. I'd usually polish off a whole large alone. =( And it wasn't even that we always ate badly, it's that my portions were insane.

And then the kicker...where I KNOW I gained my weight. The Late Night Snackathon.
    After my Dad passed away I had trouble sleeping at times, so I'd stay up until 2-3am, on the computer, watching tv...whatever. And that's when I'd eat the worst. I'd go to the store and get candy, chips....my "comfort" foods and hide them from hubby - I loved those like, Cheese Danish logs that are for like 12 people...I'd eat a whole one. Or crumb cake donut holes. And cheesecake...Hubby a couple times got me one of those huge Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes that should feed like 15 people...and I ate 3/4 of it in one sitting and then ate the rest for breakfast and I'd leave the box in the fridge so he didn't know because I knew he wouldn't get in it himself because he doesn't like cheesecake. And then when he was in bed and I was alone, I'd just basically binge. =( I'm ashamed to even say I did it. And I'd be disgusted with myself everytime I did it and not want to do it again. But I'd do it again a couple nights later. It was bad....
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I think I actually ate LESS before MFP! I never ate breakfast and usually only ate a small salad for lunch, then a pretty good dinner. It was just that I snacked alot and ate all the wrong things! Too much bread, too much junk, too much candy & cake, high calorie meals when I ate them. Now I actually eat alot more, but I try to eat the right things.....
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    For instance, if we got pizza - we'd do a family deal, 2 large pizzas and breadsticks. I'd usually polish off a whole large alone. =( And it wasn't even that we always ate badly, it's that my portions were insane.
    Oh the pizzas, yes! Garlic pizza bread, chicken dippers and potato wedges THEN all or most of a large pizza. Whatever was left would be breakfast! HOW?!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    For instance, if we got pizza - we'd do a family deal, 2 large pizzas and breadsticks. I'd usually polish off a whole large alone. =( And it wasn't even that we always ate badly, it's that my portions were insane.
    Oh the pizzas, yes! Garlic pizza bread, chicken dippers and potato wedges THEN all or most of a large pizza. Whatever was left would be breakfast! HOW?!

See, saying it was going to be leftover for breakfast was always the excuse to get all that food for me. I knew it'd be gone, but it seemed better to pretend we'd have a whole pizza left.
    Don't get me started on Potato wedges - you just reminded me of those! I'd go to the deli at the store and get 2 lbs of them and eat them all as well. *ashamed*
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel
    lunch- wendys, BK, Chipotle....
    Dinner- pasta, pizza... pretty much whatever was thrown in front of me

easily 3500+ calories.
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    On an average day, the same. I joined here because I'm a binger and I'm hoping that forcing myself to keep track of what I eat will keep me from binging... like I'll be too lazy to enter what I eat so I won't eat it :p Far fetched, I know ;) It has been 3 days, though!
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I ate less than I do now, but bad foods.

Breakfast - Typically nothing. Maybe once a week I'd go to Chic-fil-A and have some chicken minis and a sweet tea. Or a coke out of the vending machine.

Lunch - This was my biggest meal of the day. Could be anything from pizza to a cheeseburger + fries to a salad drenched in dressing. Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, Mellow Mushroom, On The Border, Chic-fil-A. Oh, and LOTS of sweet tea. Probably two glasses wherever I ate and then a to-go cup to bring back to work.

Dinner - Basically nothing. Maybe some cashews or a bowl of cereal on a rare occasion. Once in a while, I'd go out to dinner with friends and eat pizza or some fried chicken. Dessert was a must if I did go out.

Biggest change to my diet since joining MFP has been how much I've reduced my sugar intake. A lot of my sugar now is from fruit. Before, 3 cups of large sweet tea plus whatever other goodies came up during the day....I was probably doing over 200g of sugar a day. Now I eat more consistently throughout the day and it's better foods.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I could easily have a whole pizza most every night. For my usual, we're talking about over 3000 calories for dinner alone.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Just totted up that Domino's pizza meal - over 3,000 calories for half a garlic pizza bread, chicken dippers, wedges, honey mustard dip, garlic dip and half a large mighty meaty - and as mentioned before I'd eat more than half :cry:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I've just calculated my typical Sunday afternoon 'lie on the couch and stuff my face' session. Three bags of pork scratchings from the garage, washed down with 5 bottles of Stella - they're a match made in Heaven, salty snack, cold thirst-quenching beer. Oops, there's all 3 packs gone, but how? Ah well. full with beer now, need to open bottle of wine.... mmmmm... some Kettle chips would go well with this, too wet without a snack.... oops, there's a big family pack gone and a whole bottle of wine.....

I reckon some 3,500 just on my Sunday afternoon nibbles... there'd have been something lardy to eat for brunch and doubtless something lardy for tea too.... 5k would seem nothing for me, but hey, I'd have taken the dogs out for an hour!!
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    all my meals were something bad everyday, and i drank a lot of calories as well. 6-7 months ago i was 27 pounds lighter then i am right now. at my weight being sedentary i needed 2100 to maintain. so i had to be eating nearly 3000 calories a day for 6 months..
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would have a diet coke first thing in the morning... then whatever was leftover from dinner.
    diet coke with snacks (chips, cookies, nuggets, fries etc....) lunch fast food or what ever I made... sandwiches with ramen noodles. microwave food. for dinner.. steaks, spaghetti, fast food, pizza ( I could eat half of one!) more diet coke....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Before MFP I did not eat ENOUGH. I didn't realize it at the time, but most days I was netting fewer than 800 calories, and some days I even netted negative calories. I have been at a normal healthy weight for most of my life. I have also been moderately to very active for most of my life. However, about 18 mos ago I gained a "mystery" 10 lbs., then in April 2011, I gained another 5 lbs. I was beside myself because I could see no reason for the gain, as I never overate and I exercised regularly.

Prior to MFP I was eating minimum WW points (abt 1200 cals); not eating any exercise or extra "points" (calories). It turns out that both gains corresponded with adding in new strenuous exercise activities to my already active schedule. I was trying to exercise harder and eat minimally, but ironically, that is what caused me to gain weight and hold onto it for over a year.

Now that I understand about eating exercise calories, I have been able to lose 13 of those 15 lbs. in 2 mos.

Here is the thread I found on MFP that put the light bulb on for me:

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WORK OUT LIKE CRAZY AND AREN'T LOSING:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

blessings.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I have definitely cut back on my drinking... I used to drink a bottle of wine in 2 days....

Other than that... I actually eat more now calorie wise. I never ate enough... I was a serial dieter.... would withhold from food during the day, exercise a ton, and then binge on pizza, pasta, ice cream at night...

Not good and not healthy.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

Lunch - This was my biggest meal of the day. Could be anything from pizza to a cheeseburger + fries to a salad drenched in dressing. Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, Mellow Mushroom, On The Border, Chic-fil-A. Oh, and LOTS of sweet tea. Probably two glasses wherever I ate and then a to-go cup to bring back to work.

Mellow Mushroom!!! Atlanta! I used to live there - loved it!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I was eating roughly 3500 on a good day & 4800+ on a bad day! i like to fell out when i first started MFP! i think i cried for a day! lol! The light bulb came on & there was "ooooohhhh!! moment!!!" thats y i weigh what i do!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    bump. I'm off to input a days worth off food and see what it comes out like. Oh my god I'm not sure I want to see this!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Breakfast NONE

Lunch
    Baked Chicken & Shrimp Alfredo, 1 order 1,896
    Frankie and Benny's - Garlic and Cheese Pizza Bread, 1 pizza 467

Dinner
    Heinz - Macaroni Cheese, 200 g 174
    Cheese - Cheddar, 1 cup, diced 532
    Ham, Sliced - Ham, Sliced, 3 slice 90

Snacks
    Asda - Mini Bites - Chocolate Brownie, 3 piece 168

Drinks
    Generic - Red Wine - Bottle, 1 bottle 525
    Coca Cola - 1 Can, 3 can 420

TOTAL!!!!!! 4,272

Oh My God!!! I think I know why I got fat!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Just totted up that Domino's pizza meal - over 3,000 calories for half a garlic pizza bread, chicken dippers, wedges, honey mustard dip, garlic dip and half a large mighty meaty - and as mentioned before I'd eat more than half :cry:

Aye, Those were the days my friend
    We thought they'd never end
    We'd sing and dance forever and a day
    We'd live the life we choose
    We'd fight and never lose
    For we were young and sure to have our way.

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
    Nothing seemed the way it used to be
    In the glass I saw a strange reflection
    Was that fat ******* really me :sad:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Greggs' sausage trlls are something I'll never give up entirely, but now I'll save them for a special treat, not, "I'm a bit tired and hungover". But in a roll with extra cheese? Awesome!

Oh a woman after my own heart :laugh:

The sausage roll in a roll came about when I worked at Rotterdam University ... the idea being you could eat it wiithout getting greasy fingers. Iused to put mayo on it then... only because the Dutch have mayo with practically everything. But as they cycle off the calories, they can practically eat what they like :grumble:

I thought I'd have a problem with how much cheese I ate when counting calories, but surprisingly I've not eaten much hard cheese and only a bit of cream cheese on my breakfast bagels. :smile: