delicious asian inspired soup in 15 minutes.

Options
after ordering this soup from a local Chinese place, i was inspired to create my own version. I hope you enjoy. I usually make a pot of this stuff, eat a serving for lunch and take the rest of it to work with me in a glass jar, it reheats nicely. If your are planning on doing the same i suggest leaving the noodles slightly firm.

TIPS:

Do not let your soup boil for more then a minute after broccoli is added, it will get soft fast.

Ingredients:
1-1/2 c. of broccoli-divided into smallish flowers
1 c. mushrooms-your choice-chopped
2 cups of any type of green leaf,-i like earthbound organics spring mix but anything can work including green/red leaf lettace, bok choy, cabage, and spinach.
1 c.firm tofu-cubed
1 egg-only the whites
1/2 carrot-chopped
1 bundle udon noodles (or any other asian noodle)- preferable whole wheat
1 Tbsp. vegetarian soup base (better then bollian is pretty good)
2-3 Tbsp. sesame/chili oil

Steps:

Get a large and a small sauce pan boiling.
I1)n the large on place the soup base in along with the tofu, mushrooms and sesame/chili oil. Let it roll for a minute or two.
2)While the mushrooms and tofu are boiling place a bundle of udon noodles into the small pot. Let boil.
3) Once the water starts boiling with the tofu and mushrooms, trough in carrots, and broccoli.
4) Only wait about an minute and through in green leaf mix
5) As soon as your leafs sink into the soup grab your egg white (have it ready), push everything aside and slowly flower in your whites (pour in while beating in with a fork). Do not let soup boil again, remove from heat once egg whites are visible.
6) Noodles should be done by now, remove, drain, rinse and serve.
7) Place noodles in bowl first ( 1-2 forks full) and laddle in soup with veggies.

myfitnesspal.com gives a total of 800 cal. for both servings.

ENJOY!

Replies

• vv6seek
    Options
    after ordering this soup from a local Chinese place, i was inspired to create my own version. I hope you enjoy. I usually make a pot of this stuff, eat a serving for lunch and take the rest of it to work with me in a glass jar, it reheats nicely. If your are planning on doing the same i suggest leaving the noodles slightly firm.

TIPS:

Do not let your soup boil for more then a minute after broccoli is added, it will get soft fast.

Ingredients:
    1-1/2 c. of broccoli-divided into smallish flowers
    1 c. mushrooms-your choice-chopped
    2 cups of any type of green leaf,-i like earthbound organics spring mix but anything can work including green/red leaf lettace, bok choy, cabage, and spinach.
    1 c.firm tofu-cubed
    1 egg-only the whites
    1/2 carrot-chopped
    1 bundle udon noodles (or any other asian noodle)- preferable whole wheat
    1 Tbsp. vegetarian soup base (better then bollian is pretty good)
    2-3 Tbsp. sesame/chili oil

Steps:

Get a large and a small sauce pan boiling.
    I1)n the large on place the soup base in along with the tofu, mushrooms and sesame/chili oil. Let it roll for a minute or two.
    2)While the mushrooms and tofu are boiling place a bundle of udon noodles into the small pot. Let boil.
    3) Once the water starts boiling with the tofu and mushrooms, trough in carrots, and broccoli.
    4) Only wait about an minute and through in green leaf mix
    5) As soon as your leafs sink into the soup grab your egg white (have it ready), push everything aside and slowly flower in your whites (pour in while beating in with a fork). Do not let soup boil again, remove from heat once egg whites are visible.
    6) Noodles should be done by now, remove, drain, rinse and serve.
    7) Place noodles in bowl first ( 1-2 forks full) and laddle in soup with veggies.

myfitnesspal.com gives a total of 800 cal. for both servings.

ENJOY!