what keeps you going?

Options
Hi everyone,
This is the first time i have loged anything on myfitnesspal, usually keep my self to myself on my app. But its time I found out what keep everyone going with losing weight? :smile:

Lost 28lb by eating 1500calories a day and buring 500-700 cal 3x a week at the gym. Dropped a few dress sizes but dont actually feel any different, and starting to loose motivation.:cry: Maybe i need something to aim for apart from a weight goal?:smile:

So I guess I am looking for peoples motivation goal?

Congratulations to all of you for loosing even just 1lb its bloody hard but easier with myfitnesspal xx:smile:

Replies

• lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    3932259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    USAF enlistment. I'll be too old in 15 months and I started at 100 lbs. overweight. With 44 lbs. to go, I've got no time to spare!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My very active 3 and 1 yr old!! I am doing this not only to better my health but to be a good example to them!! When I get to feeling like I don't want to do it I look at them and I push myself so much harder!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Success. When I wake up and look in the mirror and see how much smaller I'm getting, it makes me wanna jump up and down like a crazy person. I am far from my goal and FAR from thin but I look small for ME.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    First off, congratulations on your success! And believe me you are successful! What keeps me going...I don't want to be obese anymore! I have been on this journey for almost 2 years and have lost less than 20lbs total! I love the way working out makes me feel but I do have my moments when I feel like "what's the point!" but still I press on, I know one day the lightbulb will light up and my persistence will pay off in a major way!
  • denise2373
    Options
    My 3 year old daughter. I will be 38 this year and have serious back issues. I want to lose the weight so I am healthier so when my daughter asks me to go outside to run around and play with her i can without being tired, sore, etc. Her face is my motivation.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Biking with my kids without being out of breath, fitting into the clothes I love and liking the way I look in the mirror, compliments from friends. Feeling healthy and able to do the things I want to do!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    the way I feel after losing 50 lbs! I can't believe how much better I feel and motivated to keep going. Good luck to you!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Not sure that my motivation will help but what keeps me going is I’d like to be able to take a picture and not worry about whether my double chin was showing or have to delete it and retake it a million times before I’m satisfied. I’d like to go into a store and buy clothes that aren’t sold in the “plus size” department. Although I love the color black, I’d like to have another color in my wardrobe. I really want to look my best when and if my boyfriend proposes to me and if not I’d like to have the self-confidence to walk away and start fresh elsewhere. I told myself I cannot get my hair cut or highlighted until I reach my goal weight so I am hoping I don’t look like cousin it or be walking on my hair before that happens. These are some of the things I’d like to have for myself. I hope you can find small goals that may help motivate you:smile: Good luck!!!
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly and it might not help you, but I just imagine myself in situations where it would just be the icing on the cake if I was at my goal weight. :)

For example, I plan out my whole entire dream wedding down to the way my perfect-dress-of-the-moment would fit my body. Or I imagine the day there was an alien invasion or zombie apocalypse, and all of that training my body to be better-faster-stronger! would pay itself off PLUS interest! Or I imagine the biggest shopping spree in the history of mankind (heh, heh... If only I had a $10 bill for every pound lost!) Or I imagine the day I purchase my first bikini or get my belly button pierced. (I've reserved those rewards for when I feel more comfortable in my own skin.)

Images are stronger than numbers, for me. <3
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Do you have anyone in real life that you can workout with or motivate you? They help. I have been using MFP to motivate me, but i need more too. I want to improve with my fitness, dancing, sports so that motivates me. Have you thought about joining a league in some sport that you will enjoy?
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I told myself I cannot get my hair cut or highlighted until I reach my goal weight so I am hoping I don’t look like cousin it or be walking on my hair before that happens.

This made me laugh out loud! I love it. Not just a reward or a challenge, but an ultimatum... I like the way you think. ;D
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your loss =)

What keeps me going?
    I want to be healthier, I want to look better for myself & my hubby. I want to be around to help raise my children,
    I want to feel sexy & gain my confidence back, I want to avoid diabetes & other diseases related to being obese.
    If you want to see more of my reasons, check out my profile =)
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not sure that my motivation will help but what keeps me going is I’d like to be able to take a picture and not worry about whether my double chin was showing or have to delete it and retake it a million times before I’m satisfied. I’d like to go into a store and buy clothes that aren’t sold in the “plus size” department. Although I love the color black, I’d like to have another color in my wardrobe. I really want to look my best when and if my boyfriend proposes to me and if not I’d like to have the self-confidence to walk away and start fresh elsewhere. I told myself I cannot get my hair cut or highlighted until I reach my goal weight so I am hoping I don’t look like cousin it or be walking on my hair before that happens. These are some of the things I’d like to have for myself. I hope you can find small goals that may help motivate you:smile: Good luck!!!

You sound like me! I want to be able to go shopping with girlfriends and be able to buy pretty, colorful clothes at the same stores as them! I also don't want to have to struggle later on to fit in a wedding dress - why not get working on it now? Awesome!
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, one thing I noticed when I saw your profile was that you have NO friends here on MFP. Friends are essential on this site for support and encouragement. You also see how others are doing and it helps motivate you to do better. Get some friends! Add me if you like.:flowerforyou:
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    im only 22. i shouldnt have to hide in big clothes, and never go out with my husband. I want to look sexy, wear my stilettos, and buy AMAZING lingerie. but i guess the most important thing is I want to be able to keep up and be around forever for my 1 year old baby girl. I want to play with her at the park, not just watch her and my husband go down the slide. I want to go down the slide with her. I want to be in the pictures with her. I'm ashamed to say it, but from 3-12 months, i missed every picture oppertunity. you can see my hand, hair, and clothes, but I'm not there with her.

So, my daughter keeps me going, and my selfish reasons too
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    There are those close to me who feel this is a temporary obsession for me. I think they are waiting for their chance to say "I knew you'd give up". The rebel in me will not let them win.
  • Martin1946
    Options
    Laura

For me it's one day at atime

If I am feeling heavy then I do damage control i.e. eat lower cal foods that fill ( lots of cooked veggies)

I am not looking at the pounds on this programme but overall better health and feeling and find the pounds look after themselves

Best of luck
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    There are those close to me who feel this is a temporary obsession for me. I think they are waiting for their chance to say "I knew you'd give up". The rebel in me will not let them win.

other than the loss, there is nothing sweeter than shoving it in doubters faces. a friend of mine reason, one of them, is to tell her family to suck it. that sounds like a great reason to stay motivated
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! I'm in the EXACT same boat :(