Stress eater - any stress relieving healthy snacks?

Hi there...... first time posting. I am fairly new to MFP and have been doing ok, but stress levels at work have picked up and I know one of my weaknesses is Stress eating.

Does anyone know some good and healthy stress relieving foods that I could add to my snacks that I pack? I know it's a weakness, just trying to be healthier about my choices if I know it's going to happen.

thanks!

Replies

• rekelp
    rekelp Posts: 2
    I like rice cakes and low fat cheese sticks.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    I like almonds, fruit, hummus and veggies. Also the laughing cow cheese wedges with a few Kashi crackers makes a good snack. I recently discovered FiberOne Brownies and they are soooo good and only 90 calories with 5 g of fiber. Brownies always help my stress, LOL!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Nuts, raw veggies and hummus, fruit, raisins, pita chips, kashi crackers, string cheese...
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Maybe sugar free pudding?
  • check out an Indian herb called ashwagandha:

e.g.:
    http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/jun2006_report_ashwa_01.htm
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    I like almonds, fruit, hummus and veggies. Also the laughing cow cheese wedges with a few Kashi crackers makes a good snack. I recently discovered FiberOne Brownies and they are soooo good and only 90 calories with 5 g of fiber. Brownies always help my stress, LOL!

This is funny cuz I posted almost identical ideas! LOL!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    A single or double serving of a good trail mix usually works for me. Or popcorn. Something I can eat one at a time. It's been a good replacement for the M&M's that I used to eat mindlessly. But be sure to leave the container of trail mix at home and take in only how much you want to allow yoursel to eat. It's super easy to grab the bag from a drawer and continue to eat more when you run out. Yes... I am talking from experience. :smile: