Question about 30 day shred

Hi All,

I started 30 day shred 2dasy back and today is the 3rd day. Started with level1. I am sweating, but satrted liking it. The dvd says that you can lose upto 20lbs in 30 days .My question is do i have to do any kind of other exercises to lose 20 lbs in 30 days besides this ?? How many calories am i buring with each level? Thanks in advance for your help.

Befit4Ever

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    When something says "up to 20 pounds" it means that one person at some point lost that much weight in that amount of time doing that workout.

That is a LOT of weight to lose in 30 days, even if you're running marathons. I wouldn't bank on it.

It WILL, however, tone you up nicely and increase your endurance. It doesn't burn a ton of calories (it's a pretty short workout) and you definitely will have to count calories in order to lose any weight at all.
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    I'm not quite sure...but am intrested :D....i'm in the same boat you are rite now
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday I burned 199 cal. in 27 min. not a lot but I did sweat a lot.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    When I did it I averaged 200 calories burned per workout - that is for a women who is 5'10'' and 230lbs who works out 2 hours a day 6 days a week so if you are in better shape than me I would assume you would lose less and worse shape I would assume a little more
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    I am 5 ft 9 / 150 lbs and averaged around 200 calories per session
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    I'm 5', and I was 153 lbs when I started the 30 Day Shred -- I think I burned around 175-180 cals/20 mins. Doing the Shred, I lost about 7 lbs and 3 inches off my waist. Maybe not "amazing" results, but I was really pleased with the steady weight loss and how quickly it pulled my tummy in. Those 3 inches made a big difference. :-) However, I did other workouts.

You'll probably find that many of those here who had the most striking results with the 30 DS did other workouts as well, but you can get very good results doing the Shred alone, IMO.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I'm 5', and I was 153 lbs when I started the 30 Day Shred -- I think I burned around 175-180 cals/20 mins. Doing the Shred, I lost about 7 lbs and 3 inches off my waist. Maybe not "amazing" results, but I was really pleased with the steady weight loss and how quickly it pulled my tummy in. Those 3 inches made a big difference. :-) However, I did other workouts.

You'll probably find that many of those here who had the most striking results with the 30 DS did other workouts as well, but you can get very good results doing the Shred alone, IMO.

I think those are, indeed, amazing results!