New Member!

Options
Hello All!

I was told about this site by my mom's friend, and am I ever glad I looked into it. I'm very excited to track my weight loss and food here because I need motivation to succeed! I've already found so many interesting things on here!

One thing I do have a question about is why I am only supposed to eat 45 g of protein, I though that protein was a good for the body?

Keep strong everyone!

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am not sure why they do the protein like that... I, and probably most of my friends, eat more than that. You can manually adjust your goals though! I did, and my protein is 80 something now I think. Though honestly, I never worry about going over on protein. =)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

MFP is a great place where you will find a lot of great support! Make lots of friends - they are key to keeping you motivated!

Also - the forums are a wealth of information. I strongly suggest reading the sticky notes at the top of each category. Also, use the search function - just about every topic under the sun has been covered and you'll glean a lot from Search.

Good luck to you on your journey - you've taken the first step so now keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Don't worry about the protein! You can even customize your goals to change the amount of protein you'd like to get every day :smile:
  • corpselikebeauty
    Options
    hey i am new ! add me i love making new friends and motivating eachother
  • mantarae
    Options
    Hey! I'm a newbie too. I've tried weight loss before. I lost weight, then gained it back. I have no problem with exercising, it's just that I'm hungry all the time! I need help getting motivated and I need advice as to what to do when I'm still hungry after I've just eaten!