Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Heart Rate Monitor help

I bought a heart rate monitor.It's nothing fancy.I got it from Walmart.I started working out again and my HRM says i'm burning anywhere from 100-200 cals.more than the machine says.Could this be right.for example i was on the cross-trainer today level 12 for 60mins.My hrm said i burned 764 cals.Where the machine was more around the low 600s.And if i got by this site and eat calories back,i would really be sabotaging myself if i ate back too many.I'm not really fit cardio wise.I do strength training 2-3x a week.I'm 5'5 and weigh 175.Any suggestions?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Does your heart rate monitor have a chest strap?

What was your average heart rate during your exercise?
  • Yes it has a strap.I try to stay between the fat burning range and i do higher intervals at the cardio level.I dont really look at the heart rate as i do the percentage so that i can be in the range that i want.At times i'm higher than target because i'm not in the best shape yet.lol
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Without the heart rate average, I don't know how to guess if it's right. But I will say that with my Polar HRM, with an average heart rate of 154 (well above the so-called "fat burning zone") I burn about 500-600 calories an hour, maximum.