Eggs every day?

Options

Replies

• lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday. Usually 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of egg yolks. When I have eggs, I usually cook 1 whole one and 2-3 egg whites. It's a lot of food for very few calories.

I also keep hard-boiled eggs for snacking on. I only eat the whites because I can't stand the yolks hard-boiled.

Recent studies have indicated that eggs in moderation can be very healthy. Should you eat 10 eggs for breakfast every day? Probably not, because you need more balance in your diet. But eating a reasonable amount (2-4, usually) even on a daily basis is fine.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs for breakfast every day.
    studies have shown that people who eat eggs every day loose weight 68 % faster than those that don't

and if you don't eat anything else high in cholesterol you should be fine
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    It turns out that eggs are okay unless you have high sholesterol, sodium is fine unless you have high blood pressure, and it really doesn't matter that much if you get your fat from butter, lard or rapeseed oil as long as you don't eat too much of it. However, refined flour is still out... for now.

Eggs are fine either way. And if someone has high LDL cholesterol levels it's not from food but moreso hereditary and/or being morbidly obese and a lack of exercise.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    When I have eggs i have 2 or 3 whole eggs at least once a week.
    I used to eat them fried with runny yolks, but now I hard or soft boil them.
  • joejccva71
    Options
    When I start my bulk phase I will probably be eating anywhere from 6-10 whole eggs per day.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I love eggs...

My opinion... If you have high cholesterol then you should watch the egg yolk intake.

I usually make my eggs with two whole eggs and two egg whites... :)

This. Unless you havg high cholesterol, the benefits of eggs can outweigh the bad. THey have a lot of good nutrients and they're a great source of protein. If you want more "bulk", do as suggested above and mix in egg whites as the cholesterol is mostly in the yolks. Granted I'm no doctor, but that's just what I've been told in simple terms by actual doctors.

I normally have 2 eggs a day at breakfast whether they're scrambled or in little mini quiches.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When is started MFP back in late April early May of this year it was after I had a physical. The only thing that came back on me as being good was my Cholesterol I was eating at least three dozen eggs a week. I have started microwaving eggs in a microwave egg dish. I then throw them on a 100 calorie burrito shell and head out the door in the mornings. Sometimes i pick the egg yolks out and make a bunch of them if i am hungry because there is hardly any calories in just the white.
  • joejccva71
    Options
    I love eggs...

My opinion... If you have high cholesterol then you should watch the egg yolk intake.

I usually make my eggs with two whole eggs and two egg whites... :)

This. Unless you havg high cholesterol, the benefits of eggs can outweigh the bad. THey have a lot of good nutrients and they're a great source of protein. If you want more "bulk", do as suggested above and mix in egg whites as the cholesterol is mostly in the yolks.

I normally have 2 eggs a day at breakfast whether they're scrambled or in little mini quiches.

I love Alter Bridge. Huge fan. =)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]

I love Alter Bridge. Huge fan. =)
    [/quote]

:happy: :heart:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have three eggs (whole) scrambled with cheddar cheese every week day morning... and sometimes on weekends.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs every single day but because of that I am 100% aware of how much LESS I snack on days where I have eggs for breakfast! they surely fuel my day!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Looks like I should be eating more eggs!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have high cholesterol (genetic) and was told two whole eggs a week is the limit.

If you don't have high cholesterol, I don't think you need to worry about it.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I love eggs!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand the "just eat egg whites" stance. Egg whites are practically useless nutritionally. They are a source of incomplete protein, and that's it. 99.9% of the nutrition in eggs is from the yolk. If you aren't eating the yolk, just skip the egg all together. I eat eggs almost every day, alternating with oatmeal.
  • kelseyk14
    Options
    I eat eggs EVERYDAY for breakfast. Its rare that I dont have them! I did a blog post on them and in the post is a link to research that proves eggs have NO affect on cholesterol and they are an AWESOME, nutrient packed food!

Here is the link- http://utmosthealth.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/why-i-usually-eat-eggs-for-breakfast/

Research (presented at Experimental Biology 2009) out of the University of Florida State examined the relationship between cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors such as body mass index, serum lipids and levels of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), and the degree to which these factors are influenced by dietary intake of fiber, fat and eggs. The study found:

no relationship between egg consumption and serum lipid profiles, especially serum total cholesterol, as well as no relationship between egg consumption and hs-CRP
    a positive correlation between dietary trans-fat intake (the margarine on your bagel) and CVD risk factors, as well as a negative correlation between fiber and vitamin C intake and CVD risk factors(6)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    DH and I eat eggs A LOT. I am closely monitored by a Dr. and have blood taken every three months now. I can absolutely say that eating eggs every day did not effect my cholesterol negatively. In fact, the eating healthy helped me get my triglycerides to a normal level even with my thyroid condition.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs EVERYDAY for breakfast. Its rare that I dont have them! I did a blog post on them and in the post is a link to research that proves eggs have NO affect on cholesterol and they are an AWESOME, nutrient packed food!

Here is the link- http://utmosthealth.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/why-i-usually-eat-eggs-for-breakfast/

Research (presented at Experimental Biology 2009) out of the University of Florida State examined the relationship between cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors such as body mass index, serum lipids and levels of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), and the degree to which these factors are influenced by dietary intake of fiber, fat and eggs. The study found:

no relationship between egg consumption and serum lipid profiles, especially serum total cholesterol, as well as no relationship between egg consumption and hs-CRP
    a positive correlation between dietary trans-fat intake (the margarine on your bagel) and CVD risk factors, as well as a negative correlation between fiber and vitamin C intake and CVD risk factors(6)

I knew about that study. What's funny is, I live in Tallahassee (and it's Florida State University, not the University of Florida State) and the doctors and dieticians here are who told me no more than two per week.

I honestly don't eat much more than that, anyway.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Can anyone confirm this cholesterol argument? I really want eggs...i've been eating them everyday whole for a while... I guess i'll only have one today