Another Saving Calories Question

Options
So maintenance goal daily is 2050

I've already input all my food for the day, including a reasonably sized evening meal and some 'treats' for later taking my food intake up to 2694 calories.

However, I have cycled 11 miles to work and had an intense game of racquetball (and according to my HRM) making exercise calories 1269 before I cycle home!

As things stand i have 625 calories left for today and probably another 350 after the cycle home; so roughly 975 calories left.

Although this is not a typical day is there any value in saving these calories? Or should I have made more of an effort during the day to eat more even though I have not been hungry and feel like I have consumed a lot?

Replies

• Skinny_foodie
    Options
    I'd say don't stress over it too much, even in maintenance there are going to be days when you are over your calorie goals and still hungry, so take the days you are under to offset the days you are over. As long as things average out over the week/weeks your weight should stay pretty level.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A day here or there under you Net goal is fine, it is when it becomes routine that you can get into trouble. so if you don't feel you can eat more today, then don't.