recent dr visit

Options
rubbyk
rubbyk Posts: 15 Member
I went to see my Dr. today and I havnt had a visit since february about the same time I started MFP. Well the results are, she walked into the room and said wow what have you been doing. I told her exercising and told and showed her about MFP on my phone. She wrote down the site and said she was gonna tell other patients that may need it about it. As for my visit I went in yesturday for blood work and everything I had bad going on with my body is either great or much better. My blood pressure and sugar are at normal levels my bad cholesterol was way down while my good cholesterol is up. She dropped all the doses on all my meds with the hope of dropping them completly next check up all in all a great check up

Replies

• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Awesome news...WAY TO GO!!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    no price on good health..........when you get older, your bodys going to love you

great post, Im sure your Dr is so proud of you......
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! congrats! i went for my OB visit and she couldnt believe that i was just "shrinking" as she called it LOL its a great feeling
  • tb1006
    tb1006 Posts: 19
    Options
    great job! that's very encouraging to hear! I just started MFP and went to my doctor on Friday...and was devasted with everything going on. I am looking forward to hopefully hearing the same expression from my doctor in 6months for my next check like you. keep it up!
  • nilla128
    nilla128 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went to see my Dr. today and I havnt had a visit since february about the same time I started MFP. Well the results are, she walked into the room and said wow what have you been doing. I told her exercising and told and showed her about MFP on my phone. She wrote down the site and said she was gonna tell other patients that may need it about it. As for my visit I went in yesturday for blood work and everything I had bad going on with my body is either great or much better. My blood pressure and sugar are at normal levels my bad cholesterol was way down while my good cholesterol is up. She dropped all the doses on all my meds with the hope of dropping them completly next check up all in all a great check up

Now THAT'S what we call a NSV!! So pleased for you :smile:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hot Damn! Excellent news!
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing that. That's so great!!
  • cathedralite22
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep it up.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Great.

I am here for medical reasons as well.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go on doing the right thing for your health rather than leaving it up to medications!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am hoping for similar results from my Doc... :wink:

I think that is one of THE BEST NSVs I've ever read!!!:bigsmile:

Congrats!!!:flowerforyou:
  • phoenix1414
    Options
    That is awesome! You are a great inspiration for all of us!!!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great news! Great job!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's great news :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It's so great to hear how much you've improved this year!!! I have my physical in December and I'm REALLY hoping to be off pre-diabetes medicine once I leave. I take the lowest dose possible and was "borderline pre diabetic" when I started it last year, but I'm ready to be off medicine completely. You're an inspiration and best of luck on your continue journey!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT news!! Thanks for sharing it!
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is awesome news!!!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    That is awesome !! And that's what we medical professionals like to see. Patients taking charge of their health and not depending on a pill to make everything better - because it doesn't work that way. People need to take responsibility for what they do to their bodies and their health. If everyone decided to get healthy and put some of us out of work, I wouldn't be unhappy about that (my bank account might not be too thrilled).

Awesome job. Keep up the good work and the change for life.
  • briankargel
    briankargel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job Bro!!! You inspired me to lose weight and get in shape.
  • abertawe2
    Options
    That is absolutely fabulous wtg you :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!