Dessert-- stalling weight loss?

Options
Yes, outwardly stupid question, but hear me out.

So I really like to have a little something sweet at night. Like, a very small piece of dark chocolate (usually one section of a 2 ounce Dagoba extra dark bar), or a cup of 25 calorie cocoa. If I'm feeling really decadent, I might make myself a small apple microwaved with cinnamon.

The calories never go over my daily allotment, and I tend to exercise in the evening anyway.

Just to check, could this be slowing down my weight loss? The only scale I have access to is unreliable, so I don't bother with it, and I don't have a measuring tape. My weight loss hasn't stalled, I don't think, but I wanted to know if a little dessert was possibly slowing it.

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes, outwardly stupid question, but hear me out.

So I really like to have a little something sweet at night. Like, a very small piece of dark chocolate (usually one section of a 2 ounce Dagoba extra dark bar), or a cup of 25 calorie cocoa. If I'm feeling really decadent, I might make myself a small apple microwaved with cinnamon.

The calories never go over my daily allotment, and I tend to exercise in the evening anyway.

Just to check, could this be slowing down my weight loss? The only scale I have access to is unreliable, so I don't bother with it, and I don't have a measuring tape. My weight loss hasn't stalled, I don't think, but I wanted to know if a little dessert was possibly slowing it.
  • no8regrets
    Options
    i highly doubt it. as far as i know, a calorie is a calorie. as long as you stay within your calories, it doesn't matter what you eat. Besides, what fun would it be not to be able to have a dessert? cutting sweets out makes this a diet, unless you plan on never having sweets again.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is watching your fat intake. Deserts (particularly chocolate) tend to be very fat (sometime saturated) heavy. As long as you are at your daily goals for calories and fat, I don't see why it would slow down your weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Your choices for dessert sound remarkably healthy! As long as you're within your cals and steadily losing, you should be fine. Remember, slow and steady! Sounds to me like you are doing a great job! Enjoy the sweets too :love:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Just checking with the foodie experts, thankies!

Yeah, I make sure it's nothing goes over the allowances. Glad to know I can have some sweetness in the evenings. I just always feel a bit incomplete if I haven't had a little something at night.

I got some of those Trader Joe fat free mini meringues. I AM IN LOVE. Like...13 cookies is a 110 calories. I might have three, with a cup of tea or something. :love: