for ladies.. BOOB ISSUES

Options
My starting weight was 225, and i had big boobs. my bra size was a 38 DD. Since losing almost 40 pounds I have noticed that they have gotten much smaller and actually do not look as flattering as before. My bras are getting bigger and my boobs are shrinking and not as attractive. Is there any exercises that you can do to make them more "perky"?? Or anything? Or am i hopeless.

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I don't exercise.

That being said, I think it's a lost cause *LOL*

I'm hoping to simply fall in love with a plastic surgeon to put them back up where they once were
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Mine are on their way out too. At least I had them for a while. I will just say good bye when they leave me.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    There's certain things you can do like pec flies to tone the area of your chest to give it a little lift. But if you're losing weight, they're probably on their way out. I've lost over a cup size already and I'm hoping to hang onto what I have left :grumble:
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm praying mine shrink down! I'm 5'2" currently weigh 159, and I hate people starring at them, I hate it so much I bought a t-shirt that says Hey! I'm up here! with an arrow poinmting up.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm THRILLED that mine are shrinking....Tired of all the back problems...My mom had to have breast reduction and I don't want to have to do that.... :flowerforyou:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    invest in some good bras. if you're still losing- don't buy too many- but they should be a good fit for you whatever your size. it sucks spending the money on something you won't wear for too long- but take care of the girls! :)
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    Try push-ups.
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    When I lost 90 pounds that's the first thing I noticed. Unfortunately I think surgery is the only way :(
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I think I have read that exercising the muscles under the boobs, you can make them seem perkier. Chest flys and etc. Also, get smaller bras as you lose weight. It is amazing what a good fitting bra can do for the girls! herroom.com has directions on how to measure yourself.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i am losing mine as well. they were pretty sad after the kids but.......... they are shrinking. that is the first place i lose them. i will be sad but hubby said more than a mouth ful is a waste. lol
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Get re-measured and buy new bras - ones that fit properly.

You also MUST wear a good running/exercise bra, breast tissue and the connecting ligaments are so delicate and without surgery cannot be repaired.

Your boobs are mostly fat tissue anyway so it stands to reason that if you lose weight your boons will also reduce. Get a good supportive bra and relish in being smaller and healthier!
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    Get new bras. If they're shrinking then you need a different size cup. Mine are 34DD and starting to shrink, and I can't WAIT until they do! That being said, yours breasts are fatty tissue, so exercise isn't really going to help much. If it makes you feel better though, you can do some chest-targeted weight lifting.
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    PUSHUPS!!!! and chest exercises! it will help!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Between weight loss and nursing 3 kids my girls are not even remotely perky these days. For the first time since I was 12 I actually fit into those tanks with built in bras. My plan is to buy some really great pushup bras when I reach my goal.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mine are definitely on their way out as well but to me that's a happy occasion. Having big ones most of my life I am very happy to have less back pain, smaller bras and fit normally into tops. I will, of course, have to surgically put whatever's left back where it belongs but I'm ok with that :bigsmile:
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just time for new, better fitting bras? That way they'll at least appear perky under your clothes! Those push-ups can do wonders for all sizes :wink:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Count me amongst those who cannot wait for mine to shrink! That being said, I am sure they won't be as "perky" as they were before my kids. I'd say invest in some seriously sexy push-up bras. That's my plan, anyway! ;)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've also had 3 kids, so my girlies aren't doing all that great anymore. Lol! Ugh...
  • RachelH25
    RachelH25 Posts: 108
    Options
    I hate to say it but it happens when you lose weight. Especially alot of it.