Sides for Salmon

Options
I love salmon but need some suggestions for low calorie and/or low carb sides.. any help?

Replies

• igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Wilted spinach, cauliflower mash, steamed carrots, steamed zucchini, steamed squash... possibilites are endless :) Sounds delicious!!!
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    I'm a fan of steamed broccoli. Or, garlic mashed "potatoes" but instead of using potatoes use cauliflower and carrots all mashed up with garlic and nummy stuffs.
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like roasted sweet potato and peppers ...not quite low carb though :/
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Asparagus or a raw spinach and romaine salad with raspberry ginger vingarette.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was trying to think of something yummy and realized I couldn't think of many vegetables that are not a good side to salmon. Roasted veggies are especially good - carrots, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, onions, mushrooms, squash. Also a pilaf or stir fry of veggies with quinoa would be yummy and low net carb. Or a nice leafy salad or tabouleh.
  • CakepopPirate
    CakepopPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try this! The bacon wrapped asparagus went PERFECTLY with salmon! YUM.

Each serving is 48 cals and 3 carbs :):):)

http://girlinoregon.blogspot.com/2011/08/white-house-lunch.html

Enjoy!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I had a beautiful hunk of salmon just last night. I always have broccoli as my side, I add lemon juice. That makes it delicious. I also put a little lemon juice and fresh pepper on the salmon.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I love something green with salmon. Green beans sauted in olive oil with mushrooms and garlic, collards or kale with a little soy sauce, a salad of baby bitter greens with horseradish mustard vinegrette, roasted asparagus with garlic ... something along those lines.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Here is my favourite side:

Slice a courgette (Zucchini) Lengthways with a veg peeler. Make a dressing using 1/3 evoo, 1/3 lemon juice 1/3 white wine vinegar. Season with S&P and 1 chopped red chilli pepper. Dress the shaved courgette and leave to marinade.

Top with shaved parmesan and fresh basil. Yummmmmmmmm :o)