How bad is sodium??

Options
2»

Replies

• jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, Sodium doesn't stop you from losing weight, but you retain water. So on the scale, it might impact your number for a few days, but you're still burning fat if you're staying in your calories. Drink water, don't worry too much about it.

In my broke days, I used to make mine in a bath of the seasoning water, then drain all the water out. I'd throw in some frozen veggies and chicken and make it like chicken lo mein.
  • francena84
    Options
    As far as I know, Sodium doesn't stop you from losing weight, but you retain water. So on the scale, it might impact your number for a few days, but you're still burning fat if you're staying in your calories. Drink water, don't worry too much about it.

In my broke days, I used to make mine in a bath of the seasoning water, then drain all the water out. I'd throw in some frozen veggies and chicken and make it like chicken lo mein.
    \

I might have to try that chicken lo mein idea.. Thanks :)
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Girl, try to avoid it as much as you can. Sodium causes high blood pressure! Even though sodium is in everything, beware of things like ramen noodles, canned veggies and sauces!!!
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it causes high blood pressure and heart issues later in life. Be careful.
    No, it doesn't. It can aggravate high blood pressure or one's tendency toward high blood pressure, but it doesn't cause high blood pressure.

Baby, I don't know where you heard that from, but sodium is one of the main causes of high blood pressure. My doctor always tells me to watch my sodium and drink plenty of water!!
  • francena84
    Options
    Girl, try to avoid it as much as you can. Sodium causes high blood pressure! Even though sodium is in everything, beware of things like ramen noodles, canned veggies and sauces!!!

Thanks hun I appreciate the advice very much i need to start watching my sodium intake from now on :D
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it causes high blood pressure and heart issues later in life. Be careful.
    No, it doesn't. It can aggravate high blood pressure or one's tendency toward high blood pressure, but it doesn't cause high blood pressure.
    Baby, I don't know where you heard that from, but sodium is one of the main causes of high blood pressure. My doctor always tells me to watch my sodium and drink plenty of water!!
    If you're prone to high blood pressure, then yes, salt can be very bad. Your doctor is fine for telling you to watch your sodium and drink plenty of water. I am in agreement. It's good advice for everyone. But it does not cause high blood pressure in someone not prone to high blood pressure.