Now I get it!!! those dang cups with the straws......

okay--so, around my small little town in Texas, everywhere I go I keep seeing people walking around with these clear plastic cups with a lid and straw. some are really cute with initials on them, or pics, etc. but I keep thinking what the heck is the deal with these?? I always simply use a water bottle and refill it over and over again until it is worn out. why would I want another cup to have to wash??

well, I got really tired of feeling uncool because I did not have one so I went and bought me one yesterday and brought it to work today..........HOLY MOLY!!!! what a difference it has made in my water consumption. by 1:30 pm my time, I already had downed 100 ounces!!!!! and now I am sitting at about 130 ounces of water, and it is only 2:10pm!

anyway--this is meant to give a laugh but in case there are other small town folks or anyone else wondering what this epidemic is all about, now you know!!!!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous and fit week!!

Replies

• Ha ha. I'm addicted to those too. Usually I just put my iced coffee in them in the morning. but I suppose they'd work for water too.
  • Hahahahah! I love my cup! I am totally in a small Texas town too! Great job on the water consumption! I think I am on right about the same as you at the moment! hehe!
  • me & my mom bought 'em a few months ago! they are awesome though! they totally help with water consumption.. haha :)
  • JenniRD
    JenniRD Posts: 1 Member
    I have three of those cups! I keep one on my desk and the other two at home. They are great for tracking your water intake! Glad you found a big city perk to enjoy! :)
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    I was so blessed that a friend had bought me one as a gift. I love it! People at the gym look at me like I'm crazy because they all have big water bottles and I have this little neon pink cup! lol
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Cute. I saw some at lunch but did not buy one...I am still filling my lulu lemon water bottle....:drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    You mean the Tervis Tumblers? I LOVE those!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Those are the best cups ever. I couldn't wait to get one and now people at work have them too.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Those cups are nice and are MADE to be reused....believe it or not, plastic water bottles (the ones you can buy in a case) are NOT meant to be reused, due to the chemicals in them. However, I am guilty of reusing them, myself!
  • thanks! that really made me smile :D
    i just got an email titled "the charmed life challenge: 60 ideas to make the rest of summer extra magical
    #39 Replace one utilitarian item you use every day––a measuring spoon, a file folder, a key chain––with something really, really beautiful.
    going to customize my cup today!!!!!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    I love those cups!!!! I want one! I live in a small Texas town too :) cute drinking vessels are all the rage
  • hether22
    hether22 Posts: 63
    I have two! I love them and use them daily! A pink one and a green one :glasses:
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Yup :) I have one and everytime I turn around, I have to fill it again. It's great.
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    That's funny that you post this because I am sitting here drinking out of mine and thinking that I have already had to refill it 3 times (w/water)!! Who would have thought a little cup could help so much...

Happy drinking!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    well can i have a link to this magical cup because I'm totally lost, lol
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    thanks for the responses, glad I could make everyone laugh! and I will definitely be purchasing another one!! too bad I was so slow on following the fad!! lol
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    I wanna see too!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,301 Member
    If it's Tervis, I've been using them for years. They last (and are guaranteed to last) forever. They don't even get scratched or chipped.

Insulated, made in the USA....I'm from Florida originally, and it is a Florida company.

www.tervis.com
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Thanks cmeiverside! I have limited access at work and can't post pics or links. I just got a cheap one at walmart--but may have to invest in a Tervis!! thanks!
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    they're all the rage in big TX cities too! =) I have 2!