Man vs Food...

Options

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    He's a pretty cool guy:) He got beat in Des Moines when he took on the Adam Emmenecker sandwich.

What's an Adam Emmenecker you ask?

Two halves of Jethro’s huge tenderloin, an 8-ounce Angus steak burger topped with melted cheddar cheese, 8 ounces of Texas brisket, several slices of applewood-smoked bacon, two large buffalo chicken tenders, two squares of fried cheese and a ladleful of white cheddar sauce.

Just reading that as one meal, I about gagged!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I HATE food eating contests. Food should be enjoyed. He's not even enjoying his food after a little bit. What's the point?

That being said, we love the other parts of his show, to get ideas on good eats. We saw a show about Charleston, SC a few weeks before we were to travel there.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about that show is the spicy stuff. Why eat it if you can't even taste it?! haha. Love Adam. he's kinda hot.
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My bf loves the show too lol. He drools everytime haha
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks he's a hottie? :love:
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about that show is the spicy stuff. Why eat it if you can't even taste it?! haha. Love Adam. he's kinda hot.

Yay!! I'm not the only one!
  • krlaws2
    krlaws2 Posts: 47
    Options
    I figured part of why he changed the format of the show was likely due to him not being able to keep doing those challenges. I like the show, it's fun. If he was eating like that all the time, he'd be way bigger than what he is.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I think that show's awful. There is so much hunger and poverty in the world and the American's are showing gluttony at it's finest. Another reason to be proud. Ugh.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what you guys are talking about. *revels in own blissful ignorance*
  • Tjm288
    Tjm288 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wonder all the time if there is like a set amount of time in between the horrible eating sessions.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks he's a hottie? :love:

Nope, I think he is a cutie...I always say he is my future husband.
  • IloveRanch
    Options
    Its my favorite show on tv at the moment. Is it wrong iv actually got an app on my iphone to find all the places hes visited??? going to west coast america for the whole of november so for that month im going to be adam richman
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I think that show's awful. There is so much hunger and poverty in the world and the American's are showing gluttony at it's finest. Another reason to be proud. Ugh.

I'm pretty proud to be an American and pretty proud of my brother in Iraq for the second time who allows me the freedom to watch such gluttonous TV.
  • IloveRanch
    Options

I'm pretty proud to be an American and pretty proud of my brother in Iraq for the second time who allows me the freedom to watch such gluttonous TV.

Id love to be american, your passports are so cool
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the amazing food!! Makes me want to come to America just for the food alone! :smile:
  • ThierMummy3
    Options
    I don't watch that show anymore, it always makes me hungry then i raid the cupboards.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I watched a few of these shows, it freaks me out. However some of the food you Americans eat looks dam tatsy :)
    Glad he is looking out for himself with the exercise ect when he is not filming. Thats what I call eating back exercise kcals.
  • fraktion
    fraktion Posts: 11
    Options
    I love Man Vs Food. Adam comes across as such a great guy.

It is evidently clear, as each season passes, he's gained a considerable amount of weight. It's almost comical. It's also really bizarre how he salivates after describing each meal by the WEIGHT of it. It's almost as if he belives the heavier a meal, the better it is.

...he's no runner, but no doubt has problems with 'the runs'.

9175821.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Id love to be american, your passports are so cool

When I went to England last year, they loved my passport. And the fact that I didn't sound like any Texan they'd ever known:) Apparently there are a lot of Texans traveling to England;)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I love Man Vs. Food. My bf and I make special trips to see the restaurants he visits. And their food is often superb.

Adam is one of my all time favorite travel hosts (watch him on some of the travel channel specials- he's brilliant). And yea Ana, kinda hot :smile: