Iced Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Use french vanilla creamer and organic zero calorie sugar. Lots of ice, you can't go wrong with 60 calories
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just brew it cold! Get a french press and brew it like normal french pressed coffee, except with cold water. You have to let it sit for longer (about 3 hours minimum), then press the grounds down slowly to filter the coffee through. Pour it over ice, and since it's already cold it won't melt the ice quickly, and serve! The best part about the cold brew is that you get all the flavor WITHOUT all the acidity or bitterness, so you'll end up using A LOT less sugar (if any) and A LOT less milk. Use stevia insted of sugar to make it REALLY low cal. Enjoy! Let me know what you think!

This!

It's amazingly delicious and truly not bitter at all. I set my press up at night in the fridge and it's ready to go when I get up in the morning.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This looks really good. Think I'm going to try it and put Hazelnut refrigerated creamer in it. That will combine the need for half/half and sugar. Probably not greatly healthy...but maybe a way to get me off of those darn McDonald's iced hazelnut coffees which I know have to be worse (after they were featured in the don't drink column of "drink this not that"!!!!!!)
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I put ice in the blender add 1 cup coffee and 1 cup coconut milk, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, and 2-3 truvia. I turn it to icy drink. Makes like 3 servings for about 72 calories.