Weight Watchers dessert snack cakes

Phoenixflame
Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I have realized something.

Why would I waste my time eating a Weight Watchers 90 calorie dessert cake--dry, prepackaged, and brimming with the scrapings of a chemistry set--when I can have a made-from-scratch mini donut at my school's cafeteria? I found out that the calorie content of a Krispie Kreme mini is between 75-90 calories (depending on the topping) and has 5 grams of fat. So I asked the caf manager about the caf's mini donuts. She replied they were the same calorie wise, but that the caf's were totally handmade and had less saturated fat. The WW cakes may only have 3 grams of fat, but I guess the difference comes from chemistry set tax.

Hells to the yes! Down with overpriced diet food! If I want something unhealthy and indulgent, it's gonna be worth it!

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    I have realized something.

Why would I waste my time eating a Weight Watchers 90 calorie dessert cake--dry, prepackaged, and brimming with the scrapings of a chemistry set--when I can have a made-from-scratch mini donut at my school's cafeteria? I found out that the calorie content of a Krispie Kreme mini is between 75-90 calories (depending on the topping) and has 5 grams of fat. So I asked the caf manager about the caf's mini donuts. She replied they were the same calorie wise, but that the caf's were totally handmade and had less saturated fat. The WW cakes may only have 3 grams of fat, but I guess the difference comes from chemistry set tax.

Hells to the yes! Down with overpriced diet food! If I want something unhealthy and indulgent, it's gonna be worth it!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    I completely agree! Indulging does not mean ingesting all that cancer causing garbage! No wonder so many people have cancer these days. I really think that we consume ridiculous amounts of chemicals through hormone fed animals and artificial sweeteners, it's crazy! Oh, have you read the book Skinny *****? It's eye opening about all that stuff.

Ha! The website starred my cuss word. :laugh:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    I agree, a little bit of the real thing is so much more satisfying that a large portion of the fake stuff. If you're going to indulge....then indulge.
This discussion has been closed.