30 day shred - how many calories do i burn???

Options
OK, im feeling a bit peeved....

I usually put down my '30 day shred' workout as circuits but after nearly collapsing at the end (only on level 2) i feel very disapointed that only 20 mins of circuits is only burning 163 calories.

do you guys think this is close???

Gutted :-(

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    sounds about right to me...I have a heart rate monitor and I burn between 160-190 calories
  • liamsmummy09
    liamsmummy09 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this too. I've just started level 2 and have never sweated so much in my life, it MUST burn more calories than the standard 20 min circuit.

I think the only way of rreally knowing though is to get a heart rate monitor as what one person burns during it will be different for another.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're pretty well laid out by the end, then obviously you can't be burning just that many.Your best bet is to get a heart rate monitor and reach a level between your highest recommended heart rate for your age and weight and your lowest. Take all that info and put it into this little handy dandy calculator online:

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm

Then you'll be able to know about how much you're burning based on your own exertion. Sorry if it sounds complicated, it really isn't once you have a heart rate monitor and know your average heart rate during your workout (taking your pulse during 5 minute intervals during your workout). Hope this helps!

PS: Make sure to take sufficient rest in between sets and get lots of water during your workout - over exertion is not good for you either.