I gave my body a makeover, now what do I do with my hair?

Options
2»

Replies

• momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am a hairstylist and color expert....
    Your hair is beautiful! If you were in my chair I would:
    1. add some lowlights in an med. auburn brown
    2. add some highlights in a copper blonde (think the color of a penny), especially around your face
    3. take about an inch to 1.5 inches off back.
    4. face frame sides, starting shortest section at bottom of your nose
    5. add long layers so curl has bounce and control

DO NOT get a traditional bob...with your curls it wouldn't sit right. If you do go for a bob like cut, go for an inverted bob, keep front longer than the back, with the front just touching your shoulders. If it is cut to under your chin, it will only emphasize your chin. Layers needed to beadded so your hair doesn't "pyramid"...( flat on top, bush on bottom).

Do not go with bangs, your curl will make them look weird...

Definatley go for a change! You body looks fantstic, now its time for you hair :)
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! You look so amazing!

I'm another curly girl and my hair looks very much like yours only darker. Be VERY careful if you go for layers. I'm sure you know that the shorter it is, the curlier it is because of the spring factor. If you have several layers, your hair will look funny. Curly up towards your scalp and wavy down below. This I know from experience. I got a "nice" layered cut a few year back and it looked like I had pom-poms right about ear level because they were trying to frame my face.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look amazing btw but I understand the need to top it off so to speak...how about this...

http://www.allstarpics.net/pic-gallery/alex-kingston-pics.htm

similar colour and curly but also shows what s good set of GHDs can acheive without loosing too much length.

Or try googleing meg ryan images, she has had short and shoulder length curls from messy to very styled some are very cute with a fringe (think you call them bangs?)

martyxxx

PS don't forget we all want to see a photo of the finished 'you'.:drinker:
  • drosario1204
    Options
    wavy bob sounds cute...but if your afraid to go that short...I would say get it cut right above the shoulders
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I am a hairstylist and color expert....
    Your hair is beautiful! If you were in my chair I would:
    1. add some lowlights in an med. auburn brown
    2. add some highlights in a copper blonde (think the color of a penny), especially around your face
    3. take about an inch to 1.5 inches off back.
    4. face frame sides, starting shortest section at bottom of your nose
    5. add long layers so curl has bounce and control

DO NOT get a traditional bob...with your curls it wouldn't sit right. If you do go for a bob like cut, go for an inverted bob, keep front longer than the back, with the front just touching your shoulders. If it is cut to under your chin, it will only emphasize your chin. Layers needed to beadded so your hair doesn't "pyramid"...( flat on top, bush on bottom).

Do not go with bangs, your curl will make them look weird...

Definatley go for a change! You body looks fantstic, now its time for you hair :)

THIS! Do THIS! Whatever you do, don't straighten that hair. That cut will be very happy for your hair... like wash-and-go happy. The color would just be icing on the cake, though you've got lovely highlights as it is.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Bobs look good but are INCREDIBLY high maintenance.

I think you look great, and your hair is amazing - I'd make small changes to it to enhance its beauty without changing it drastically.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, everyone! I looooove my new hair - I did decide to get it cut short - it is sort of an "inverted bob" as was suggested, and I got highlights and lowlights and I am super happy with it!
    Before:
    001-3-1.jpg
    Now:
    044.jpg

:happy:
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am a hairstylist and also have curly hair. First of all what works for one person product wise doesn't work for everyone. I have to use a combination of products(Redken has a great curl line and I also love the Kenra products). As for a color I would add more red to what you have-a copper red- you could do all over or add a combo of hilights and lowlights using different levels of a copper red. The cut I would suggest between chin and shoulder length to camo the pointy chin and still show off your beautiful curls. Don't straighten your hair it will be a temporary fix and you will end up fighting it and missing your curl. Best of luck and congratulations-you are a beatiful girl and only need to accent that and not change it.:flowerforyou:
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love it! Yoy really look fabulous. Like a whole new person.
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I LOVE your new 'do! It looks fantastic.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The new look is fantastic! Its looks amazingly easy to take care of too!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    oh that looks lush! was going to suggest an inverted bob too! i chopped my long cury hair of about 10 years ago and have never looked back. i keep my hair longish at the front and short at the back. easy maintainance!
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your hair as it is, it looks beautiful!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!!!!:heart:
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You look lovely!

I think you would look smashing in a wavy bob style!

I've read that women that have heart shaped faces are very fortunate when it comes to hairstyles. The most complimentary hairdo for a heart-shaped face is to have the hair full at the jaw line, with a center or slightly off-center part, with slanted bangs.

Second this and I would go a little darker...I favor brunettes. If you have blue or green eyes you can make them pop with an auburn color...My fav.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, everyone! I looooove my new hair - I did decide to get it cut short - it is sort of an "inverted bob" as was suggested, and I got highlights and lowlights and I am super happy with it!
    Before:
    001-3-1.jpg
    Now:
    044.jpg

:happy:

Whoa!! totally cute and you look sooo young...Hot stuff...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Very pretty.. I have hair like your before picture, but I straighten mine cause I can't stand it curly. I also cut it that short once, so enjoy.. while I'd never do it again, it looks awesome on you!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going with the majority here and a long bob. I think it would really liven your curls up and give your hair loads of life.

Massive congratulations on your amazing weightloss. You should be so proud of yourself :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going with the majority here and a long bob. I think it would really liven your curls up and give your hair loads of life.

Massive congratulations on your amazing weightloss. You should be so proud of yourself :heart: :flowerforyou:

Ha ha ooops too late. It looks fab xx