New from Texas

michele_jeske
michele_jeske Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I'm a mother of 4 (10 yr old, 4 yr old, twin 2 yr olds). I'm very blessed but we all know what happens to a (39 yr old, 5' 0) woman after children. I'm scared to death that I may never get any of that familiar body back. Anyway, my sister and I are doing this together and are really very excited and motivated. Please wish us luck.

Replies

• Hi. I'm a mother of 4 (10 yr old, 4 yr old, twin 2 yr olds). I'm very blessed but we all know what happens to a (39 yr old, 5' 0) woman after children. I'm scared to death that I may never get any of that familiar body back. Anyway, my sister and I are doing this together and are really very excited and motivated. Please wish us luck.
  • Hi Michele,

Welcome to you and your sister.

This is a GREAT site, with lots of encouragement. I have three grown children. Two of my girls are going to be mommy's in the spring. I keep telling them that they can get into good physical shape again after they have their families. It is so hard in the society that we live in not to be obsessive about the way we look and how we feel about our bodies. The marks of motherhood I see as a badge of honor will not go away, but you can do so much to have confidence in yourself . You can set aside a little time out of your busy schedule to do something that will benefit you and your children. I also am trying to encourage my girls that they don't need to wait 25+ years like I did to make those changes of eating well and getting some regular exercise.

Welcome and good luck on your journey !
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!!
This discussion has been closed.