I never thought this was possible

I first just want to say that this website and all of you guys have helped me SO much with my weight loss efforts. I honestly don't think I could continue to do this without your help and the motivation and support that is shown here. I hope that my story may help a little and show people that are just starting out that if a southern girl that loves to eat (especially country cooking) and hated to exercise can change her ways, then just imagine what they can do :laugh:

I was always fairly thin and active with waitressing and school in my early twenties and then around 23 I graduated college and got an office job and the weight started to creep up on me. Fast forward almost ten years later...
Before I knew it, I was the heaviest I had ever been and felt horrible. So, four months ago I decided to change my life. I first started eating healthier and then going to the gym. At first it was really hard but I have stuck with it and made a habit of going 5 days a week. Now, I enjoy it and I cannot believe how much I am able to do.
For the first time in almost ten years I feel strong and confident in a way that I never have before and it feels amazing. And when I went to try on dresses for my company Christmas party that we had this weekend, I started to cry because for the first time in a very long time, I felt like my old self.
So, here are a few pics-
Last year
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

And now
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    I first just want to say that this website and all of you guys have helped me SO much with my weight loss efforts. I honestly don't think I could continue to do this without your help and the motivation and support that is shown here. I hope that my story may help a little and show people that are just starting out that if a southern girl that loves to eat (especially country cooking) and hated to exercise can change her ways, then just imagine what they can do :laugh:

I was always fairly thin and active with waitressing and school in my early twenties and then around 23 I graduated college and got an office job and the weight started to creep up on me. Fast forward almost ten years later...
    Before I knew it, I was the heaviest I had ever been and felt horrible. So, four months ago I decided to change my life. I first started eating healthier and then going to the gym. At first it was really hard but I have stuck with it and made a habit of going 5 days a week. Now, I enjoy it and I cannot believe how much I am able to do.
    For the first time in almost ten years I feel strong and confident in a way that I never have before and it feels amazing. And when I went to try on dresses for my company Christmas party that we had this weekend, I started to cry because for the first time in a very long time, I felt like my old self.
    So, here are a few pics-
    Last year
    ry%3D400
    ry%3D400

And now
    ry%3D400
    ry%3D400
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    You look FABULOUS!!!! That dress is absolutely gorgeous on you!!!

Congrats on everything!!!
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    you are gorgeous! Stay happy always and keep us motivated!
  • Congrats on the weight loss, you look great!! I hope I'm as successful.
  • Super job!...thanks for the motivation:smile: and that blue dress compliments you well:drinker:
  • Good for you!! I love success stories!! :flowerforyou:
  • sens06
    sens06 Posts: 4 Member
    Dude You look great. Congratulations your on your success. I hope I have just as much. Your so strong
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Yay you! Excellent post, never get enough of the positive! You are beautiful with that blue dress - (or anything else you put on, I'm sure! )

:glasses:
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    You look so amazing. I love your blue dress. You are so inspiring.
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    You look Ah-Mazing and that dress is GORGEOUS on you!!! Way to go!!! :bigsmile:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    You are gorgeous darlin, on the inside as well as the outside:) I lived in Alabama for 2 years, NW near the Shoals area:) I miss it a lot some times:) That's where I picked up some of my "language" like "darlin", LOL:) Thank you for sharing your story! This site has had a lot to do with changing my life as well:)

denise in Oregon:)

So, here are a few pics-
    Last year
    ry%3D400
    ry%3D400

And now
    ry%3D400
    ry%3D400
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Isn't it wonderful :bigsmile: what we can do when we put our minds to it. You look fantastic :tongue: girl,

"KEEP ON LOGGING" those calories that is.

I am very happy to have been introduced to this site and cannot thank whoever set it up enough,

THREE CHEERS, HIP HIP HIP HORAY :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Thank you all SO very much!!! You are all a big inspiration to me, I :heart: MFP
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss journey. I :heart: your dress!!!
  • you look amazing! that must be the best feeling walking around with that much confidence! plus that dress is soo pretty! :smile:
  • Aww, you look great and so happy!

It is really great to hear that you are feeling more confident and are enjoying your workouts.

Thanks for the inspiration!

:flowerforyou:
  • I wanna be like you when I grow up! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    You look amazing!!!! LOVE that dress!!! And it looks gorgeous on you.

You should be so proud of yourself!!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    You look great! I hope I look half as good when I put my holiday dress on.:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    What a transformation!! You look wonderfully healthy - congratulations! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!