I truly feel I am doing this right

Options
but my weightloss is so slow to other's. I guess Im discouraged tonight. I've never been very successful at anything in my life and this "deal" seems like the hardest I've worked for anything. I just wonder if Im doing something wrong that is holding back my progress. I eat all my calories 99% of the time and don't go over but rarely, maybe once a week and never more than 150-200 over. I drink more water now, started out about Oct. 6 and only about a week ago have I been getting in 6-8 oz. Maybe that is the problem. Im not losing 2 lbs a week though like it said I could. I've only lost 5 lbs since Nov. 9 when I learned about eating my exercise calories.

Love to all and thank you for listening, denise
PS I walk 6 days a week, 4.2 miles at a 4 mph pace. I feel better in tons of ways and my muscles are really looking great in my legs. Not losing inches around my waist though.

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    but my weightloss is so slow to other's. I guess Im discouraged tonight. I've never been very successful at anything in my life and this "deal" seems like the hardest I've worked for anything. I just wonder if Im doing something wrong that is holding back my progress. I eat all my calories 99% of the time and don't go over but rarely, maybe once a week and never more than 150-200 over. I drink more water now, started out about Oct. 6 and only about a week ago have I been getting in 6-8 oz. Maybe that is the problem. Im not losing 2 lbs a week though like it said I could. I've only lost 5 lbs since Nov. 9 when I learned about eating my exercise calories.

Love to all and thank you for listening, denise
    PS I walk 6 days a week, 4.2 miles at a 4 mph pace. I feel better in tons of ways and my muscles are really looking great in my legs. Not losing inches around my waist though.
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Don't worry, sweetheart. The weight will come off soon. :flowerforyou:

I was reading a post just now and Raincloud said:
    The more you have to lose, the faster it usually comes off at first.

Seeing as we don't have much to lose in comparison to other members, it'll come of slower. :smile:
    Don't be discouraged and give up hope, keep going and you will see a difference!

P.S. I know what you mean about the waist-thing, though. :sick: I'm sure our kangaroo pouches will dissapear soon! :laugh:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    You ARE making a difference! Sometimes I get discouraged too when the pound don't come off fast. But If I've learned anything Slow is the right way.

You feel better and that's VERY important! If you keep at it you will see slow and steady results.

Do this: write on a piece of paper todays date then next to it what you weigh. then write in a column the date a week from now and next to it a pound less ,and so on. figure for only a pound a week and see how long it would take to get to your goal. Then remember Even if you take that long YOU WILL GET THERE! BUT only if you continue to work for it!:wink:

We are here for you!:flowerforyou:
    :heart: ~Mel
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    1) You're older and with us "older folks," it's a slow process

2) How many calories are you eating a day? Because 2 pounds a week is really probably too much to aim for. I suggest you change your goals--shoot for 1 pound a week. One pound a week is about the healthiest amount to lose, and your doctor will probably say the same thing (mine told me this). AND, 1 pound a week is about what you're losing, so you're doing great and doing it healthy!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are losing EXACTLY the way you should!!! 1/2 to 1 pound a week is GREAT for someone within 15 pounds of their ideal weight.

Slow and steady wins the race, my friend! You are doing a great job and your heart:heart: is going to thank you for it!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    thanks so much for this. I did my walk this a.m. but before that, I got up plenty early so I could start out with a piece of whole grain toast, tbsp peanut butter and little water as there is no place to potty on the 4.2 mile walk. When I got home and cooled down, I made a breakfast of eggbeaters(.5 cup)2 slices bacon and tbsp mozarella. .5 cup of V8 and now I am into my first 8 oz of water. I usually have oatmeal, with walnuts, raisins and 1 Tsp of brown sugar for breakfast. Not always so much fat. I do feel better today about everything and just so appreciate your words, have a great day sis, denise:)

PS if anything looks wrong to you in how I am doing things this a.m. I respect your input darlin:)

Don't worry, sweetheart. The weight will come off soon. :flowerforyou:

I was reading a post just now and Raincloud said:
    The more you have to lose, the faster it usually comes off at first.

Seeing as we don't have much to lose in comparison to other members, it'll come of slower. :smile:
    Don't be discouraged and give up hope, keep going and you will see a difference!

P.S. I know what you mean about the waist-thing, though. :sick: I'm sure our kangaroo pouches will dissapear soon! :laugh:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Thank you so much melissa:) I see there are many that are losing but slowly like me. I do feel I am doing it right, not perfect, but like someone reminded me, I want it to be fun and healthy. I don't want this to "add" stress to my life and if it does, it's my own fault. I need to enjoy it and be patient:)

denise:happy: :drinker:

You ARE making a difference! Sometimes I get discouraged too when the pound don't come off fast. But If I've learned anything Slow is the right way.

You feel better and that's VERY important! If you keep at it you will see slow and steady results.

Do this: write on a piece of paper todays date then next to it what you weigh. then write in a column the date a week from now and next to it a pound less ,and so on. figure for only a pound a week and see how long it would take to get to your goal. Then remember Even if you take that long YOU WILL GET THERE! BUT only if you continue to work for it!:wink:

We are here for you!:flowerforyou:
    :heart: ~Mel
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Thank you!!! I am eating around 1500 ish with my exercise calories. The bottom line is 1200 and I earn the rest in my 4 mile walk each day(with one day off occasionally). Yes, I will be 56 this month:) I feel the 1 lb is right also and the 2 was pushing it so I will relax and aim for that. Is there any way you can view my food intake, types of etc. and give me an opinion on that? Or maybe what your typical food intake looks like per day? I would love to be able to share my food diary with folks so they could actually see if there is something lacking/needed to be changed.

your pal, denise:)
    1) You're older and with us "older folks," it's a slow process

2) How many calories are you eating a day? Because 2 pounds a week is really probably too much to aim for. I suggest you change your goals--shoot for 1 pound a week. One pound a week is about the healthiest amount to lose, and your doctor will probably say the same thing (mine told me this). AND, 1 pound a week is about what you're losing, so you're doing great and doing it healthy!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Ok Jeannie, thank you darlin, maybe I am right where I should be, just get anxious and impatient but I know I am progressing. I felt much better this a.m. and am going at it again:) I am having such fun:) many thanks again, your pal, denise:)
    It looks like you are losing EXACTLY the way you should!!! 1/2 to 1 pound a week is GREAT for someone within 15 pounds of their ideal weight.

Slow and steady wins the race, my friend! You are doing a great job and your heart:heart: is going to thank you for it!!

:heart: Jeannie