Polar HRM error?

Options
Ok, so I was just walking back from the pool and I was checking my HRM stats for tonights session.

It says:-
Average Heart Rate = 141 which is about on par with my normal.
Max Heart Rate = 215 .....errr....can that be right - I know I was really hammering it with my new technique but surely not?

Anyone else seen this kind of "blip" before ?

Edit: my previous highest was 172bpm

nik

p.s. I have a Polar FT7

Replies

• bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the exacct same monitor and have never seen such a thing. Maybe getting low on battery life?
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    1. how old is your polar (including heart strap).
    2. what temperature was your workout (was it outside?)

My husband had an issue with his Garmin where the strap went bad. It told my husband that he was having a heart attack. lol. he was also working out in 100+ degree heat which affected the reading. Bought a new heart rate strap and it works fine.
  • Justd2me
    Options
    I've had that same problem with my Polar FT7 ever since I bought it. The problem seems to occur most frequently when doing exercises that I "bend at the waist", like crunches.

I've never had it read wrong when just walking/running.

I've written to Polar and they really had no solution (actually, they weren't very helpful at all).
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hmm, thanks everyone so far for the replies, to answer the questions:-

1. My HRM (and strap) is only like 2 months old
    2. Activity was swimming so could my breathing have messed with the reading (i did get out of rhythm a few times, i'm trying a new technique)?
    3. Temp, nothing extreme just normal, indoor pool temp.

Perhaps I need to tighten the strap (again,woohooo NSV) ?