CAN I LOSE 40 POUNDS IN 3 MONTHS?

Options
DO YOU GIRLS SERIOUSLY THINK I COULD LOSE 35 TO 40 POUNDS IN 3 1/2 MONTHS? IM STARTING TO EXERCISE 6 DAYS A WEEK AND IM DIETING...ANY OPINIONS?

Replies

• Jen19
    Jen19 Posts: 19
    Options
    DO YOU GIRLS SERIOUSLY THINK I COULD LOSE 35 TO 40 POUNDS IN 3 1/2 MONTHS? IM STARTING TO EXERCISE 6 DAYS A WEEK AND IM DIETING...ANY OPINIONS?
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The question is can you lose this much weight this quickly in a healthy way and the answer is no! Most of us are aiming foe1-1.5 lbs loss per week and what you are attempting is over 2lbs which is not healthy. Its much better to lose the weight slowly in a healthy way as it is more likely to actually stay off in the long run.
  • amber10
    Options
    I don't see why not. That is my goal.
  • butterflydiva
    Options
    I have to agree with REB losing 35 - 40lbs in only three months just wouldn't be healthy and would really only end up being a quick fix. Meaning the weight could come back very quickly. I say do the best you can and while you may not make it to your goal you can get close with 15-20lbs
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race! With the amount of weight you want to lose, you shouldn't be trying for more than 1 pound a week.
    I've lost over 40 now, but it took me over 8 months to do it.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It would also be VERY hard since you only have 55 pounds to lose....the fewer pounds that need to come off, the harder it is!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It would also be VERY hard since you only have 55 pounds to lose....the fewer pounds that need to come off, the harder it is!

Agreed. 2-2.5 lbs a week is reasonable if your BMI is over 30-35 or so. Since you are not in that position, that sort of extreme weight-loss could be more damaging in the long run.