I just got gifted 450 cals a day!!

Elleinnz
Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
For the past month I have been within spitting distance of my first big goal which is to get below 100kg's. I started my journey on 6 September last year when I returned from a holiday in Fiji, and next Saturday the 27th August I am going back to Fiji to celebrate my son Neil's 30th birthday....

My big goal was to be 50kg's lighter when I go back one year later - which would take me under a 100kg's for the first time in 15 years.... Over the year I have averaged around a 1 kg loss every week (2.2lbs) which I am very happy with....and touch wood - no stalls, plateaus.....just a steady downward trend - in that time I think I had 2 weigh in days where the scale went up - but within days it would settle again....

WELL - That was until I was ONE kg from my big goal - and now we are just playing silly buggers.... So last night I decided "this is it" my intention all along was to go onto maintenance for 6 weeks once I get under a 100 - but you know what - I am not going to play mind games with my scale any more....

This morning I changed my "target loss" from 1.5lbs per week to 0.5lbs per week.... And next Friday I will change it again - to " I want to maintain"

If I don't get under a 100 - so be it - I am so happy with what I have achieved - I like what I see in the mirror - I keep on being amazed with how small the clothes are that I'm fitting into - and I am as fit as I have never been in my adult life!

Over the past few weeks I have started noticing some pretty amazing muscle definition - which means enough of the fat has gone to start showing some if those muscles I have worked so hard to build :-)

So changing my goals have given me an extra 450 calories to eat each day.....so the mind games continue .....now I have to learn to trust that if I eat well - and feed my body properly I won't gain any weight....

And hey - the scale is just a number - so who cares if it says 100.8 or 99.8!

I still have 15 kgs to go to my "real goal", but I am going to gift myself maintenance for 6 weeks - and then even if it takes a year to do the last 15 I will be OK with it - well that is the theory anyway!!

Replies

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Very well said! Great job on your success and thank you for sharing!
  • Sharonsimon
    Sharonsimon Posts: 56 Member
    well done you i have had the sae problem and it gets me down so i feel depressed then i think why do i bother then i eat junk vicious circle, well done again i think i might do the same
  • Great outlook. And I LOVE your sig! I want a goal life too!

Keep up the positive and the maintaining and I bet that last little bit gets lost along the way.

Great job!!!
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    AMEN! The scale is just a number. Congrats on your achievment! You have done an amazing job! :flowerforyou:
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    GREAT ATTITUDE!!!
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    yes! i love that attitude!

just because you need to maintain for a while, it doesn't mean that you've failed! ultimately, weight loss is not a race. you will get to your destination, and i am so happy that instead of dropping your calories even further, you've made the right decision to increase your calories and take it at a slower pace.

i'm sure you'll get there!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    I think that is an awesome plan! You will learn a lot over the next 6 weeks. = ) You own this lifestyle and are living life joyfilled and happy. You look fabulous! I am super excited for you. I look forward to continuing on this journey with you. = )

Awesome attitude - awesome plan!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Great Plan, we will play the maintenance game together for a while. ;-)
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Well done and I love the great attitude you have.The best part is you have come this far and you have done it all myself that in itself is a huge achievement!! You are 1kg off thats not a big deal when you've got as far as you have like you said 99.8 or 100.8 does it matter at that point of going to fiji you are happy with where you have gotten yourself so far and that's what counts!
    In saying that all the best for the last kg and the 15kg after that you have done well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!