MAKE UP AT THE GYM!!???

Options

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup to the gym - not a full face, but powder, mascara, and tinted chapstick. I don't go out of the house without it. I wear makeup when I go running too.

I'm not talking light makeup I mean full on going out for a night on the town make up, false eye lashes ect.

Ooooh I know that type!! They usually freak out when they weigh more than 115lbs lol

Aside from the Zumba lady I never really see them work out, well I mean they work out IE walking on the treadmil and then sitting in the hottub.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    There are some people who can't leave the house without make-up... i'm not one of them, i don't give **** what I look like in the gym, In the first gym I went to the girls used to come in full slap and there would be me bright red on the cross trainer, i used to get laughed at because i was actually doing a workout and they were sat on the bikes with the gym instructors hanging round them :s ... this is more me being annoyed with the girls because they went to my school and I was always really self conscious. I still have low self esteem but I have a lovley bf so I don't worry about these kind of girls from my school now! I go to a nice gym full of grown ups !

I do think the wearing make up thing is more to do with insecurities, obviously if your going to the gym after work thats not the case but super early in the morning.... i know people who can't leave the house without make up, i'm slightly insecure without foundation but I try and remember i'm not trying to impress anyone! maybe they feel they need to impress? god knows this is just my rant opinion lol
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know some women really don't like the way their face looks without makeup, or they're very insecure without. It's like a security blanket. I feel sad for ladies like that.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Trying to care....trying to care.....nope, don't care.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Trying to care....trying to care.....nope, don't care.

LMAO! Exactly!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym...gets in my eyes when the sweat runs down my face.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to wear full on goth make up to the gym
  • shiggyshane
    Options

i would pay to see that..just sit back and watch what people do..
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes, this post is straight from the pages of Tales About the Things Other People Do That Don't Affect Me.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Sometimes when im done at the gym i stand out front and pretend to smoke or I will eat a twinkie just to see the looks on peoples faces.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm very confident in my looks - always have been. I just like to look my best at all times - even when I'm at the gym at 6 o'clock in the morning doing boot camp, or going out for a 20 mile training run. Same reason why I like to wear cute workout clothes. And I work out as hard as anyone.
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes, this post is straight from the pages of Tales About the Things Other People Do That Don't Affect Me.

Win.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'll speak for myself. When I go to the gym, I go FOR MYSELF. I pick which classes I want to show up for and I push myself beyond my limits because I'm competitve and I'm doing this to get the best results out of MYSELF. I'm the girl that shows up early to get the spinning bike in the back of the class, with the regulars that come multiple times a week and spin so that I can challenge myself to keep up with them... the kind of girl that positions myself in the studio next to the side mirrors so that I can check my form while I'm doing my squats, etc. I'm the girl that just gets into the zone, pays attention to the trainer and just focuses on my workout.

I, personally, like being surrounded by good-looking, confident people. If girls look better (or feel better, more confident) wearing makeup to the gym - go for it! I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I live on the beach, in Miami its always around 100 degrees and I walk or jog to the gym. I usually don't wear foundations, powders or eye shadows, etc just because its too hot for makeup and I spend a lot of time outside, in the sun, swimming, etc. but if I felt like wearing some makeup, I would. I also make sure my hair isn't a complete wreck and I wear nice workout clothes. I'm probably one of them girls that irk you - that you gossip about with your friends. You're probably one of them girls that spends the entire class looking around at what everyone else is doing - that never gets results.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Haha I love it
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I always wear makeup. period. haters can hate, but I work my *kitten* off with my makeup ON.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    There are just some women who are uncomfortable leaving the house without makeup. I think it's sad. But to each her own.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    If you notice it that much, you're not working hard enough. I barely notice other people at the gym because I'm focused.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you notice it that much, you're not working hard enough. I barely notice other people at the gym because I'm focused.

Exactly.
  • shiggyshane
    Options

Sometimes when im done at the gym i stand out front and pretend to smoke or I will eat a twinkie just to see the looks on peoples faces.

lmao!!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i switched gyms because of that... i used to workout at the gym on campus at my school but i got so sick of seeing girls in legit FULL makeup (smokey eyes, eyeliner, foundation, mascara etc) and their boobs to their face in their victorias secret sweaters that i bought a membership to a gym. the gym at school is free--comes with our fees--but i'd rather pay $89 every 3 months and actually go to the gym than workout in a place where girls go to be seen. idk why it bugs me so much but it does...i totally get what your saying.