FINALLY broke my plateau!

Options
For the past month or two, my weight has been at the same exact number. I thought I was eating too many calories (I was eating anywhere from 1250 to 1450.) I tried everything and got nowhere :\
It wasn't until I decided to actually UP my intake. (now I'm eating 1700-1800.)
It still kind of doesn't make sense how I'm eating more and losing weight but hey, I'm not complaining...

So, to those who are stuck, try increasing your intake and also change the duration/intensity of your cardio. Also, just completely ignore that stupid thing that says "if everyday was like today...you'd weight X in so and so days"
that's what threw me off!

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you broke the plateau! Nothing is more frustrating during weight loss, and it really is counter-intuitive that you would lose more by eating more. That really does seem to be the case though. Congratulations on getting the ball rolling again!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I see more and more people saying to up your intake to break the plateau...I might try this if this goes on for another week.
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If my plateau doesn't break in the next week, I will try your approach. Thanks!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If my plateau doesn't break in the next week, I will try your approach. Thanks!

^ Me too!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I know many suffer from this and most will at some point!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    check your basil metabolic rate (it's the amount of calories your body needs daily just to function) my BMR was 1431 and I was barely eating just that amount. I work out pretty hard everyday and my body needed more calories. I think I wasn't eating enough calories for all the work I was doing, so my body was holding onto the weight.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Good job! Glad it worked for you.

Someone needs to save links to all these posts! I see them all the time yet so many people are still so afraid to eat more.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    For the past month or two, my weight has been at the same exact number. I thought I was eating too many calories (I was eating anywhere from 1250 to 1450.) I tried everything and got nowhere :\
    It wasn't until I decided to actually UP my intake. (now I'm eating 1700-1800.)
    It still kind of doesn't make sense how I'm eating more and losing weight but hey, I'm not complaining...

So, to those who are stuck, try increasing your intake and also change the duration/intensity of your cardio. Also, just completely ignore that stupid thing that says "if everyday was like today...you'd weight X in so and so days"
    that's what threw me off!

wow that actually works. maybe i should try that.
  • Ssocrrbabe
    Options
    What BMR calculator did you use?
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    What BMR calculator did you use?

edit*
    a trainer at my gym did it for me, but there's lots of free ones online:
    http://health.discovery.com/centers/heart/basal/basal.html