I don't think I can do it.

Options
I have 50lbs to loose and I feel like I'm not going to able to do it. Although I am watching my calories,exercising and drinking my water and lost 3lbs. I just can't help but think it's not enough, maybe I need to paitent idk. Help? Personal stories? Advice? TIA

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it does take time...It took some time to do the damage..so it will take time to undo the damage..Keep at it. :flowerforyou:
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it does take time...It took some time to do the damage..so it will take time to undo the damage..Keep at it. :flowerforyou:

Excellent response.
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    Well this all baby fat from having a baby 4 months ago.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is your best bet for losing it and keeping it lost. Sometimes the inches come off faster than the weight. Be sure to take your measurements and keep track of them.

I don't know the time that's passed between you beginning your weight-loss and losing the 3 pounds, but don't be discouraged. The number on the scale is going down instead of up. That in itself is a good thing. =)
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    Hi Maya and thanks for the courage of admitting that you are thinking you can't. The sad thing is that your "can't" thoughts are going to make sure you don't succeed. You need to get can't out of your vocabulary and look at what you CAN do. You say you've been watching calories, exercising and drinking water....all those things you CAN do. The decision is yours to make...do you keep on doing those things you can do, or do you allow yourself to become doubtful and scared, telling yourself you can't. There is a whole community here to support you on your CAN do journey. I did and so CAN you. Let me know if I can help in any way. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Takes nine months for your body to adapt and change during pregnancy... it takes roughly a yr for your body to return back to normal. Keep at this chick... it will be worth it in the end! xx
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Yea I would say patience. In your head commit to 1lb per week- if you stick with this through next August, and still aren't where you want to be, then you can say it's not enough. You can adjust this time frame as you move forward but understanding that it will take 1 year to undo what you've done over many years will help you have the patience and fortitude to carry on.

You can see my stats. I logged on for the first time last September. I had lost about 8lbs on my own. With MFP I lost an additional 44 (Sept-June). I'd say it's pretty doable
  • janetj518
    Options
    I have the same impatient behavior...haha. I just tell myself; "I didn't gain it overnight, therefore, I'm not gonna lose it overnight." Be consistent, don't give up. You CAN do this!!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing baby fat, and I had my 'baby' 2.5 years ago.

It takes time. And it's better to loose weight over a long period of time, than really fast.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    You CAN do it! It does take time. Just eat healthy and exercise. Make sure you eat enough too. Eating too little can make you not lose weight.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Even that took 9 months! It's taken me 14 months but it WILL all come off.
  • Michelle9939
    Options

Takes nine months for your body to adapt and change during pregnancy... it takes roughly a yr for your body to return back to normal. Keep at this chick... it will be worth it in the end! xx
    I so agree! It just takes time.
  • AmyShip
    AmyShip Posts: 24
    Options
    You CAN do it!. If you tell yourself you cant, you wont. Be strong. Eat healthy, log on to MFP every day and work out as much as possible. Change up your workouts, dont always do the same thing. Keep up the great work, 3 lbs is a great start!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Can you believe Christmas is only 4 months away ??? it comes quick huh?
    imagine how good your gonna look if you lose 1 -1 1/2 lbs a week until then !
    keep going girl you can do it
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. But what I have come to realize is that you will do it if it is what you really want it. The question really is what are you willing to give up now to have what you ultimately want later? Are you willing to put yourself first, and take time out of each day and exercise? Are you willing to change the way you eat, what you eat, how much you eat? Are you patient enough to see it through the end? These are all things you have to determine for yourself. However, you do have age on your side! Today at 19 years old this lifestyle change will be far easier than when you are 25, 35, 45 and so on! And keep in mind that you are also helping your family develop great healthy lifestyles early on. And don't feel like you are being selfish by taking personal time to do things for yourself; you taking care of yourself now allows you to be there for them longer and fully participating insteading of watching on the side lines because of your weight/ insecurities. Good luck with your journey!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    focus on today! you can definitely do it!
  • jhendricks123
    jhendricks123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whenever I start to feel like I'm not going to make it to my goal, I try to ignore the goal and focus on the fact that I am setting the pace for a new lifestyle which is a life-long goal. Eat healthy and exercise because it makes you feel good both physically and mentally, not JUST to watch the numbers drop.

I'm down from 350 to 218 since 2008. I got a little distracted over the last two years since I met my fiance, but we've both recently renewed our efforts. While it's great to see the pounds drop, our primary focus is eating healthy, natural foods, and staying active. We're training for a half-marathon in three weeks, and after that we'll be training for a marathon.

If I can do it, you can definitely do it! Look where I started, and where I am today!

166ge47.jpg
    33u9ywz.jpg
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I tell everyone the same thing, it didn't take a week for us to get fat...it won't take a few months to get thinner/healthier. It's a marathon not a sprint sweetie...3 lbs is awesome, feel good about that. Honestly this losing weight and getting fit isn't for the faint of heart....how much do you want to change, that is the question girlie, what does it mean to you to lose these 50lbs or rather 47lbs?

Look at all the health benefits you will gain by losing weight the right way...eating healthier foods and moving your body...I just saw a video today where doctors were saying now, that just 15 minutes of exercise a day will add 3 years to your life...wow, I'd say it's pretty worth it to keep it up

You can do this...You got this !!! Just breathe and continue doing what you are doing and you will be successful, but it will take hard work and discipline !!! Feel free to friend me sweetie, I always say you can never have too many friends !!!
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Maya!! This is a process honey. You are being too hard on yourself for having such a young baby. One day at a time girl!!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It takes a long time, go slow and steady. Read the success tickers of all the folks that replied to you! It is not easy, but it is so worth it!