Women....Period Tracker App??

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty regular, but it's more of a 37 day cycle.
    What I wouldn't kill for this. Mine is more like 26 days. le sigh.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there was an app for this. Does it beep or send you an email when your cycle has arrived.. or should arrive? lol. The calendar has always been effective also but if the app helps then thats good too :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    My cramps warn me. They are free. :D
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Monthly cycles is a free app for iphone :D I like it!
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I use iPeriod lite and it's free. I like it!
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    I might be super old fashion, but can't you just use a calendar?

I have been trying to get that bug off my screen, I feel really stupid now...:tongue:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Monthly cycles is a free app for iphone :D I like it!

Yup, I use this one it works just fine.
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    I use the iPeriod app (the free version) and it's awesome. I always thought I was ovulating all over the place because my periods are very irregular but after tracking it for 6 months I now see when I ovulate is actually very predictable, which would be great to know if I was trying to conceive!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend fertility friend.. you can track your fertility signs and your temperature too once you're TTC. :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Wow - I suddenly feel old :laugh:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have a free app and all it ever does is worry me. I've never been regular.
  • tragicpixie
    Options
    I use one on my Palm phone. It's like PinkPad or something. I can't take hormonal birth control so I like that it keeps track of my cycle AND lets me know my ovulation and "fertile" days (IE days to be extra special careful since I'm not trying to conceive).
    Of course, it's much easier than tracking all of that stuff on paper and showing up to my doctor's office with piles of paper.

This app also tracks weight fluctuations, has an area you can fill in your mood, basal temp (body temp when you first wake up - high days are likely to be fertile days), and make any notes you want.

The most helpful bit for me, is it alerts me the day it thinks my period will start - has cut down on surprises.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I use one on my Palm phone. It's like PinkPad or something. I can't take hormonal birth control so I like that it keeps track of my cycle AND lets me know my ovulation and "fertile" days (IE days to be extra special careful since I'm not trying to conceive).
    Of course, it's much easier than tracking all of that stuff on paper and showing up to my doctor's office with piles of paper.

This app also tracks weight fluctuations, has an area you can fill in your mood, basal temp (body temp when you first wake up - high days are likely to be fertile days), and make any notes you want.

The most helpful bit for me, is it alerts me the day it thinks my period will start - has cut down on surprises.

That's the one I have!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    For TTC I recommended Fertility Friend. It's similar to MFP where it has a set of forums and website, that is supported by the app.

I have PCOS so I have longer cycles and FF takes that into account, and 'learns' your cycle over a few cycles.

I'm no longer TTC though, so I've switched to PinkPad. I don't think it's as good, but since I have wonky all over the place cycles, it just might not be as good for me.
  • tragicpixie
    Options
    Haha... I know it's probably irrelevant to the conversation but I also like the cute pink flowers theme. I find it especially ironic when I am bloated and recording I gained 6 lbs in a week the week before my period and those flowers are all happy looking at me.

Did you get the free one or the pay version?
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend fertility friend.. you can track your fertility signs and your temperature too once you're TTC. :)

Ditto.... I have cycle issues, and I've used this for many years now. There's a basic section that's free and then you can get premium tools/options for a subscription fee that are extremely helpful for TTC. They have forums and such too. Really great site.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I use iPeriod too. I upgraded when they had a $.99 special just because I like the extra backgrounds and icons. (Yes, I am a dork!) :D It tracks well, easy to use and I've come to rely on it. I like that it will forecast the next 12 (reasonable estimate based on your previous data.)
  • imgone324
    Options
    I keep track of my wife's "monthly visitor" by counting stones in the front yard.
  • KareyMarie
    KareyMarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My phone is way too old-school for that, but my best friend has that app on hers. It always cracks me up when she says stuff like, "My phone says I'm supposed to start in 3 days" or something - and amazingly it's usually right on the money!
  • KareyMarie
    KareyMarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha!

Edited to add: I meant to quote the reply above mine about the stones - that's too funny!