I don't feel like doing it today?

Options
What do you say or what do you do to get your self ready to go? I got enough sleep ate my breakfast and I have that feeling like not today. I can't afford to not get it done today. I took the day off yesterday. So any good words of advice out there? Any good quotes I love them quotes some people have on there posts.

Replies

• aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    What do you say or what do you do to get your self ready to go? I got enough sleep ate my breakfast and I have that feeling like not today. I can't afford to not get it done today. I took the day off yesterday. So any good words of advice out there? Any good quotes I love them quotes some people have on there posts.
  • michelle0920
    Options
    I've always found that even when I can barely make myself do it, and I do anyway, I always feel so much better afterwards. It's better than kicking yourself all day because you didn't.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. You do it today, it'll be easier to do it tomorrow, and the next and the next. Think of all the calories you'll burn so you can eat more. :bigsmile: That's always good motivation for me, too!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I "start over" every morning! Some days it feels great...other days I want to just eat everything in the house, not workout, and not care...but the second I "start" and I log in all my food for the day, think about what I'm going to do for my workout later in the day, and say no to that first temptation (which right now is a can of coke!) Then I'm good to go!
  • aprilann
    Options
    Thanks I go through the same thing but today is one of those mornings where it's like no I can do it later but later never comes that way. And the wanting to eat everything oh yes! Them pringles over there are starring at me so I had to put them in the dishes cubboard. LOL:laugh:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Thanks I go through the same thing but today is one of those mornings where it's like no I can do it later but later never comes that way. And the wanting to eat everything oh yes! Them pringles over there are starring at me so I had to put them in the dishes cubboard. LOL:laugh:
    Pringles; my worst weakness. :laugh:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    my neither, i took two days off for my birthday, having a day on the couch today, doing 2 college assignments!

am determined to stick to my calories today, although im hungry again, only had brekkie an hour ago! :blushing:

will try to stick to my water for now! :drinker:

you CAN and WILL do it, you feel better this evening when you realise how hard you have worked all day! xxx
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Them pringles over there are starring at me so I had to put them in the dishes cubboard. LOL:laugh:

You love how they TASTE, but do you love how they LOOK on your thighs? That's my new motto!:laugh:
  • TheBull50
    Options
    Every Single day is a struggle. Honestly, you just have to tell yourself that in the end, it will be worth it :smile: Nothing to it, you do it all the time. So stick to it and the results will be very rewarding in the end.
  • aprilann
    Options
    You all are the best seriously just you taking the time to comment and help motivate me makes my day little sunnier. I live in MN and it's nothing but gloomy almost everyday but we're suppose to get snow today YAH! I think the gloominess gets to me. After my kids leave for school I will start with that pilates of mine. When my baby sleeps I will run. Congrats on all the weight you all have lost. I seen a few big loses that is amazing.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Think of how good you will feel at the end of the day. Remind yourself of how nice it is to feel healthy. Keep focused on your goals. Write them down again. Put them on your fridge or some place where you'll see them several times over the day. Smile, breath deeply, and feel joy in being alive.

And if you need to take a day off, enjoy that, too. :flowerforyou:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Get outside, go to the park, go people watch, go visit a friend, call your mom (my fav), go find a good magazine and read it at a coffee place or book store, go rake leaves for a neighbor, go buy a card and send it to a relative with a small note inside, get a pedicure, go to the pound and pet a puppy, just go do something you may not always do...

:happy:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My only advice is get it done ASAP. The more you say to yourself 'I'll do it later today' the less chance you'll go out and do it, if you're like me anyway!