so i broke my hand. Now what?

Options
So I broke my hand last night and the first thing I thougt about was, omg, how am i going to do my regular workouts now? Will I still be able to go to bootcamp and do my zumba? How am I going to able to keep the scale going down when I cant get in those really big burns? Can I eat so clean that I wont need those extra exercise cals to stay under my goal? Will I see all my hard work reverse over the next 6 weeks? And to be perfectly honest I am freaking out a bit. I was SO close to the big 100 and inching my way closer to my next mini goal that its really got me bumbed out.

crappity crap.

Replies

• Barbj56
    Barbj56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Get out and walk.....any exercise is better than nothing!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hey don't get down. . there is a lot that you can do that you don't need your hand for. . .May I ask how you broke it?
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey don't get down. . there is a lot that you can do that you don't need your hand for. . .May I ask how you broke it?

I wish I had some great story but the simple truth is I fell while chasing my 4 yr old at the grocery store. Good thing small kids are cute!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You don't need your hand that much for Zumba, and jogging, etc. If I broke my hand I would probably keep doing everything I already do, except for lifting, and rowing.
    It's gonna be okay! You're awesome!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey - don't get down, don't panic just keep up your hard work.

nik
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    RUN! Like the d!ckens... omg that word was bleeped out!
  • lilcuteness
    lilcuteness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Make sure you work your other arm...the body has a way of balancing itself, so that will help your broken hand arm. I see no reason why you couldn't do squats, one arm wall push ups, stretch band exercises, etc. Plus, if you have a cast, you'll be weight lifting all day! ; )
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I broke my knuckles once, by falling into a brick wall and using the back side of my hand to break my fall... I put all glorious 220 lbs of weight on it and it broke around the corner..... so yeah, I've been there! I wasn't active when that happened, but I think it would have been simple to walk or run.... avoid things like a treadmill where you could accidentally bump your hand against the rail because it will hurt like heck!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    RUN! Like the d!ckens... omg that word was bleeped out!

LOL, I tried to tell someone to go to D!cks Sporting goods and they bleeped it out!!

As for the broken hand, walk, run, and I think Zumba would be fine too..
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Drink lots or water, walk, & stuff that don’t involve your arm. IMPROVISE!!!