Greetings from Norway

Options
Hi.

I'm a 37 year old guy from Norway, father of a wonderful 2 year old girl and with another girl (most likely) entering the world in January 2012. Both me and my girlfriend decided a few months ago to live healthier lives with how we eat, and we find that the change of lifestyle works well for us.

I have been overweight most of my adult life, even though I have excercised quite a lot. It's all about the diet/nutrition, which has been lacking most of the time. So we're fixing that NOW.

I joined MFP a few weeks ago, primarily to have a place to track my nutrition to learn how to compose a daily menu so I eat the correct amount of kcals, proteins, fat and carbs for my overall nutrition goals. It's a powerful tool I have learned a lot from.

In addition to paying attention to nutrition, I excercise quite a bit. A week's exercise plan for me consists of a mix of kickboxing, taekwondo, strength training (weight lifting, bodyweight excercises etc) and "roadwork" (cardio) - both long slow distance and high intensity interval training. I use a mix of running, cycling, spinning, ellipse, cross country skiing and kayak paddling for my cardio sessions.

In May this year, I entered a 10k running competition and finished in just over 1h 3min. I'm doing another 10k on September 25th, and my goal is to finish well under 1h.

So far, the past 15 weeks, I've lost 9 kg/20 lbs and I feel more fit than I have felt in a long time. I look forward to continuing my learning process and reading about others (that means YOU) in the same situation. :)

Replies

• calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been doing MFP since May, but I've lost about the same amount as you & am interested in a healthier lifestyle as well - not a diet - but trying to change HOW I live my life. So far so good! It's very exciting!

I would love to visit Norway some day - looks lovely on TV!