Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV No longer suffer from chronic heartburn.

So ive lost about 12 lbs, its almost been a month of eating better and daily cardio. I havent had heartburn or acid reflux in like 2-3 weeks. My dad always carried Rolaids, when I was about 18 I started carrying Tums with me. Few years go by and the Tums didnt do anything to help the heartburn/acid reflux. I found a 75mg acid reducer at walmart that I took daily, it helped for a couple months, until I upgraded to the 125mg pill... then the 200mg pill... and it was starting to not work. I should of went to a DR but im stubborn, and def shouldnt of been taking them daily. I was worried about my throat being damaged. It was bad.

But not anymore.

Replies

• nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Man o man I remember those days... heartburn in the evening after a large meal. Heartburn laying in bed. Needing heartburn medicines because the calcium wasn't working..... Man o man... So glad those days are gone... glad for you also!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Wow, thank you for that post. i have very bad acid reflux. I have to take meds from my Dr. I am just starting a fitness program today. I would be so happy if I didn't have to take any more meds.
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    I'm so proud of you Hubby! I love you very much! Thank you for all your love and support! <3
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Eliminating cigarettes cured my chronic heartburn. I just thought I'd add that in case it might help someone else.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Awesome! Same here! I used to eat Tums on a daily basis, but I haven't needed any in 3+ weeks now. :)
  • Same thing happend to me after I lost about 10 pounds. I think it was mainly due to eating better! I feels so good to feel good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!