Tea drinkers?

Options
Any tea drinkers? I was told green tea was best, then someone recommended black tea. Has anyone had any diet benefits from drinking tea? Which kind do you recommend? Thanks. :D

Replies

• TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Supposedly green tea helps boost metabolism. I drink tea....love black tea, but drink lots of green... hoping it works!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like. I drink 4 cups of tea a day, as recommended by the department of health. I mostly drink Ceylon with milk, as green tea gives me palpitations, but am a big fan of oolong and white tea as well. Dragon's whiskers is my favourite white tea. Of the oolongs I have tried, rose oolong is lovely. You just put 4 or 5 leaves in the bottom of the cup and keep adding water all day as you drink it.

It doesn't matter what type of tea you have (as long as it's real tea, not sweetened ice tea type thing), they all have health benefits.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like. I drink 4 cups of tea a day, as recommended by the department of health. I mostly drink Ceylon with milk, as green tea gives me palpitations, but am a big fan of oolong and white tea as well. Dragon's whiskers is my favourite white tea. Of the oolongs I have tried, rose oolong is lovely. You just put 4 or 5 leaves in the bottom of the cup and keep adding water all day as you drink it.

It doesn't matter what type of tea you have (as long as it's real tea, not sweetened ice tea type thing), they all have health benefits.

Yes fteale is right...they all have benefits. Go to Teavana's website and they tell you what the benefits are of each kind of tea (I LOVE their teas btw and spend too much money when I go there lol).
  • sgressock
    sgressock Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I drink oolong. I like the taste better and it has some pretty neat benefits... It helps aid metabolism, weight loss, digestion, promotes healthy teeth, and its good for complexion. Green tea has a ton of antioxidants, boosts the immune system, and helps with blood sugar. I know yogi sells an oolong, but I use the fresh tea from teavana or any misc tea store I come across. I hope that helps!
  • yanina6
    yanina6 Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks I'll check it out. :D
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    I usually drink green tea. However when I have a stomach ache or pains I will have peppermint tea as that seems to soothe my stomach problems! But I've heard that green tea is great for your metabolism as well.
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    Lipton Natural Lemon Iced Tea is SOOOOOOOOO good.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    ginger peach black tea is my favorite and has a lot of caffeine in it... less than coffee but close-ish
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I love tea. My mom, my husband, and I drink it like it's going out of style. Green tea supposedly raises your metabolism plus it's delicious. I mix it with raspberry hibiscus tea and a bit of honey both hot and iced. Black is good too, and don't forget white tea! If you have a tea store, check it out and maybe buy a few small samples to find some favorites.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I do drink green tea when I can. I used to drink it when I was younger and believe it helped my metabolism. I recently heard on the John Tesch radio show that if you drink a cup of green tea every day with a squirt of fresh lemon it will aid in keeping cholesterol low. I guess the lemon aids in opening up the antioxidents in the green tea. I do think green tea taste nasty but I have found Lipton has some flavored ones that aren't too bad such as the acai blueberry, jasmine and orange, cranberry pomegranate, black currant & vanilla at least they taste a little better.

I haven't drank it for a couple weeks I notice I've lost less weight but I'm not sure if that's the reason.
  • bnjajoyce
    Options
    I have 2 cups Bigalow's French Vanilla every morning. Soothes & relaxes me with the wonderful smell and taste while I still get my caffeine boost.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I had read about the benefits of green tea so yesterday bought a box of green tea w/pomegranate. I had two cups today to replace soda, and I liked it :)
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love tea of any kind but I have been drinking the green tea lately because I had heard it help boost metabolism and I found a really good green tea (superfruit purple acai & blueberry) and also the madarin orange green tea. Right after I started drinking these kinds it seemed like I lost a little quicker but it may have been a coincidence.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love tea black is my favorite but i haven't had any for about a week do to trying to maintain my water intake.
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    White tea will give you all of the benefits of green tea, but with a milder flavor. There are lots of herbal teas with great benefits, too! Dandelion root tea and peppermint tea will help with water retention and bloating, ginger tea and chamomile will also help with digestion. The fruity herbals like the ones from Celestial Seasonings (blueberry, raspberry, black cherry, etc.) are a really good zero calorie way to curb a craving!! I'm also just getting into drinking Rooibos or redbush tea, which is full of antioxidants and tastes great.

I :heart: Tea

:drinker:
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Love my green tea!
  • yanina6
    yanina6 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I'm learning so much about tea.
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    So weird that you brought that up, I've been craving white tea all day! Hahaha.

I love black tea, but I try to avoid it because of the amount of caffeine. Iced green tea (unsweetened, although it does take some getting used to, can be very refreshing) and iced white tea are my absolute favorites. There's a Celestial Seasonings tea called Imperial White Peach that is fantastic, and I HIGHLY recommend. :drinker:
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    most of these teas have caffeine naturally, which I like! I just started drinking oolong tea and pur eh tea, I ordered them from Amazon. many benefits of these teas are found on the web. I am drinking them to help lower my cholesterol and keep my appetite at bay. getting cholesterol check on Friday so I'll find out if these teas have been working or not.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I drink close to a gallon of cold green tea everyday. All I do is put three tea bags in a gallon container with water and let sit overnight in the fridge. I'm not sure how much I'm getting in the way of the good stuff, since it seems I'm dilutting it a lot. Hmmmm, makes me think maybe I should start adding a couple more bags to up my intake.

It's easy, cheap and so delicious!

In winter I drink it hot.