They don't know I'm fat now, they only know me as thin

Options
I've in the midst of making a lot of life changes, and potentially going back to my old field of technology sales. It just so happened that an old client contacted me to see if I might be interested in going to work for him. We exchanged a couple emails and he wants to meet for lunch. When he knew me I was always in really great shape, a size 6 or 7/8. Right now I'm closer to a size 20.
There aren't many overweight people in the field, most everyone is very attractive and it's part of the job somewhat.

I know I'm right for the job and this is a perfect opportunity for me at this point in my life. But I'm really afraid he won't hire me the size I am now. There's not much I can do about it . . .

Replies

• splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind you know your stuff... That is way more important than your size. Also lots you can do from an out fit perspective to look sharp and professional to complete the "sale" of you. Good luck
  • SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Congrats on the weight you have lost.

Meet with him and make him see that you are the right person for the job...no matter what your size. Good Luck!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Confidence and attitude is much more important than the fat itself.
  • Gabbylou22
    Gabbylou22 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Suit up :)
  • hlodwig
    hlodwig Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My dear - don't let that hinder you. Dress sharply, look confident, and smile even if you feel extraordinarily self-conscious inside. Trust me, personality beats all the worries you're having. : ) Good luck!! xx
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Suit up :)

Ha! Yes! HIMYM quote ftw!!

Back to you, I think if you know your stuff and are working to loose the extra lbs (15lbs already! WOW! Fantastic job!!) You should have nothing to worry about. If they know you and know you can do the job then it's no issue right? Put on your best outfit and a smile and tell yourself "I am worthy, I will get the job!" and your attitude will follow!