This is what I get for being healthy

Options
So, I'm a teacher and we have workdays this week. Today on the agenda, we were supposed to have a faculty meeting at 9 with a breakfast beforehand at 8. I decided to eat breakfast at home this morning (we never have healthy options) and then get to work at 8 but go to the faculty meeting at 9. I get to the meeting at 8:50 and they are having a party and I had already missed the faculty meeting! So, because I decide to eat healthfully at home and not eat the offerings they have, I miss a party with presents and a faculty meeting in there somewhere. I look at my principal, who is currently holding a rubber chicken (one of the presents) and tell him I was sorry I was late and that I thought the meeting was at 9. He wanted to know where on the schedule it said 9 am.
Later on, I went to schedule a concert (I'm a band teacher) and he said "Now let's look at this schedule," and pointed out that it said to eat breakfast at the school and not at home. He was teasing but I took issue with it a little. I try to take good care of my body, and now it is critical since I let go a bit in the summer, and I get crap about it? The custodians join in and tell me we all have to die eventually. Grrrrrr! I hate being in a non supportive environment.
Okay, rant over. Thanks for reading if you got that far!

Replies

• Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't let negative people bring you down. Keep doing what you do and that's all that matters.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Jealous of a rubber chicken? Really?
  • BigReddHair
    Options
    Aw that does suck! Hang in there. I know how unhealthy it is to be in a group of teachers. It's sad, but true. My mom is a teacher and I've seen stress get to the best of her! Hopefully you will be able to set a good example for the rest of them this year!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    This is the part where you sneak laxatives into the company coffee pot for laughing at you.

Whose laughing now, F___ers! ;)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Jealous of a rubber chicken? Really?
    :laugh:
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Next time, pack your own breakfast and show up for the right time.
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    I worked in schools for years and I know exactly what you mean. Hang in there and stay true to your goals. You'll be the last one laughing at the last meeting of the school year when you're skinny and healthy and everyone who gorged on free breakfasts all year have muffin tops hanging over their waistbands!
  • sf08003
    sf08003 Posts: 30
    Options
    Pack your own breakfast and that way, you have options. Who knows, one of these days you might be surprised to learn that the teachers are just as concerned about their health as you are about yours. If not, you are still ahead of the game.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yup, pack your own, and you can smile all the way as you are in your cute Little outfit eating your healthy meal! Good luck.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    This is the part where you sneak laxatives into the company coffee pot for laughing at you.

Whose laughing now, F___ers! ;)

:laugh: LMAO really if you need to pack your bfast and take it with ya
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did show up on time. I was doing work in my room while "breakfast" was going on.

Also, no, I was not jealous of the rubber chicken, I just thought it painted a nice picture for you guys :laugh: