Going to an amusement park tomorrow...help!

2»

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Oh, and they are super crappy about bringing any snacks or drinks in! I've seen them make people throw bottles of waterway before they could enter the park...
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    I went to King dominion a few weeks ago, took some good light
    snacks, had a grilled chicken sandwich with watermelon for lunch
    and burnt 1700 calories walking!!!! per my HRM
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    won't you be burning calories all day!? don't worry about calories too much - avoid the cotton candy and have a great time!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    If they won't let you take food and drink in (what a crap rule, never heard that before!) -
    Tell them you are diabetic and need to eat small amounts at regular intervals. Or that you have a gluten intolerance or something.
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Wow, I just looked up Carowinds--looks huge and fun! But they don't allow outside food or drinks. (Boo, hiss.)

As everyone else has said, just make better choices and enjoy yourself. No guilt--it's a special occasion.

Try to pay attention when you are eating, and stop if you are getting full. The portions might be big; it's ok to throw some out. (Greasy amusement park food never tastes as good as it looks anyway.)

Have fun!
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    we went to an amusement park recently and took a cooler with us. We packed water, baked lays and healthy deli sandwiches along with a few granola bars and rice krispy treats. We could come out to our car and eat or go into the park with it.
This discussion has been closed.