I just have to tell someone! =D

Options
So this whole thing started for me a month ago, and I weighed in once a week. Two weeks ago I had lost 4 lbs! But I decided for the holidays I would not weigh in as much because knowing me, I would either gain or maintain, so there was no point.

Well today (two weeks later) I gave in, and had to weigh myself... I was dreading it by the way!
I have lost ANOTHER 4 lbs!!! :noway:

So 8 lbs lost in one month :smile:

I just want to thank everyone for all of the helpful information and support! This site really is amazing!
I am looking forward to making this lifestyle change, and it's great being able to do it with other people going through the same things! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So this whole thing started for me a month ago, and I weighed in once a week. Two weeks ago I had lost 4 lbs! But I decided for the holidays I would not weigh in as much because knowing me, I would either gain or maintain, so there was no point.

Well today (two weeks later) I gave in, and had to weigh myself... I was dreading it by the way!
    I have lost ANOTHER 4 lbs!!! :noway:

So 8 lbs lost in one month :smile:

I just want to thank everyone for all of the helpful information and support! This site really is amazing!
    I am looking forward to making this lifestyle change, and it's great being able to do it with other people going through the same things! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!! :drinker: Congrats on the big loss! Keep up the good work!
  • Kateeliz
    Options
    Wahoo!! :drinker: Congrats on the big loss! Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much!! :drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on rockin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Excellent job. :flowerforyou:

That is the first step to truly making this a lifestyle change. You weren't being super careful but something inside you kept yourself under control. That means your entire way of thinking about things is changing and will soon become second nature.

It's also proof that you don't need to stress either! :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    8 pounds in one month is amazing!!!!! :drinker: WTG!!!! :smile:
  • amccarville
    Options
    i agree with everyone.....awesome job. keep it up.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Kateeliz
    Options
    Congrats to you! Excellent job. :flowerforyou:

That is the first step to truly making this a lifestyle change. You weren't being super careful but something inside you kept yourself under control. That means your entire way of thinking about things is changing and will soon become second nature.

It's also proof that you don't need to stress either! :wink:

I think you are right! :smile: I have been out with friends a lot lately, and I have been to several holiday parties, but something has been in the back of my mind the whole time, keeping my eating habits under control :wink: I have learned that you don't need to starve to lose weight, and that eating healthy isn't all vegetables or tasteless foods, it's about portions, and finding foods that are good for you, but that you can still enjoy! This site has really taught me so much in such a short amount of time!

Thanks everyone for the Congrats :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I feel exactly as you do (and lots of others) about this site. The only downfall in it is that I didn't find it sooner. This past Saturday night was my holiday party for work. If not for this site, I'd have overloaded my plate and been miserable and then being miserable would have led to more emotional, binge eating. Not any more!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Kati
  • Kateeliz
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I feel exactly as you do (and lots of others) about this site. The only downfall in it is that I didn't find it sooner. This past Saturday night was my holiday party for work. If not for this site, I'd have overloaded my plate and been miserable and then being miserable would have led to more emotional, binge eating. Not any more!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Kati

:drinker: I wish i had found this site sooner too! But better late than never :tongue: