I don't know how to exercise

dorioreo
dorioreo Posts: 123
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
:cry:

And, I am being COMPLETELY honest here.

The reason why I said is....
- I can't go to the gym(because the gym cost money & I'm 16 &, my parents don't have that money right now..)
-I can't go run around my neighborhood(well because I live on a main road)
-I don't have any workout videos (I hope to get some after my parents finish school shopping)
-I DO HAVE JUST DANCE 1 & 2
-I DO HAVE DUMB-BELLS(I KNOW SPELT THAT WRONG) THE STEPPERS & A YOGA MATT.

so, what kind of exercising can I do? youtube work out videos( any recommendations)

Thanks for you helps guys (:

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    If you have OnDemand, there are exercise videos in there. Many are short, 10minute workouts just pick your favorites :)

Also, you have the mat, search pilates or yoga on Youtube and find one you like. There's PLENTY to choose from :)

ALSO, I believe there are jillian michaels videos on youtube, as well! Great workout.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/ Lots of free videos online!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    theres a couple work out videos on netfilx, if yall subscribe to it.
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Do you have a library you can go to? They are a great source of dvd's. Then you aren't tied in to one workout, you can try a different one each time!

And I am sure that Just dance is a great cardio!

That's all I can suggest for now - good luck, you are on the right path :-)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Just Dance 2 can DEFINITELY help! Also, try sprints, jumping jacks, jogging in place, and a lot of strength/conditioning work. :)
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Does your high school have a gym and a track? You could probably talk to the athletic director, or even a gym teacher, and ask when those facilities are available to the general student population. While you're talking to them, maybe see if they know of any intramural teams you could join.

Calisthenics -- crunches, pushups, squats -- all burn calories, all free, no equipment

Workout videos -- check your local library -- mine has SHELVES full of workout DVDs! And it guarantees you won't get in a rut because they have to be returned every week. :)

If you feel like you absolutely need cardio equipment, try Craigslist. Seems that a lot of people get workout equipment, use it for a month, give up and sell it for cheap there. Might be able to pick up an exercise bike or something for the cost of a few good babysitting jobs.
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/ Lots of free videos online!!

--Thanks a lot, can't wait to do a couple of these tomorrow!
  • I agree about the library being a great source! Also, there are free workout videos on-line. You can also look on other free sites for ideas. You have plenty to start off with so don't be discouraged! :-) You can do this!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    For strength training, I like the 100 push ups and 200 sit ups programs. I'm doing them both now and am having great results. Granted, I had to do week one of push ups three times, but I got better each week and got through it. All you need for these is a place to do 'em. If you go to http://hundredpushups.com/ you can find details on both programs. This is an easy way to get core and upper body strength training in without gym access!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    You DO have your own body and a floor right? You also have the internet! No excuses!

You may also want to check out youtube, they have work out's ... Body rock is pretty popular if you need a challenge.
  • Be creative. Use stuff around the house as handweights. Search youtube for specific exercises like "arm exercise" or "leg exercise" or "ab exercise".
  • Manda3183
    Manda3183 Posts: 19 Member
    When I was in high school I used to do a lot of sit ups and crunches, used random stuff in my house for weights, and got ideas from magazines for other exercises that would be similar effects to what you might get with a machine. Also, just closing your door, turning up your favorite music, and dancing can burn some serious calories!
This discussion has been closed.