I love all the weight I am loosing buuut...

So I know there is nothing I can do about this.. but I am starting to notice stretch marks, that I have never seen before, and its bringing me down. I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, it's in my genes, but I do know that creams/lotions/oils help. So any advice on what kind of lotions or creams might help me? I'm really upset about this , and I have no idea why. LOL I went from 167 and now im down to about 148, all in 2.5 months.. did I do it too fast? I just want my boyfriend, who is coming back from Iraq in 9 months ( 6 till his leave) to love what he sees ( he said he loves me regardless of what the scale says) but I just want to wow him when he gets back...Im so nervous about the stretch marks though!

Silly I know ..

Replies

• methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    you could try mederma. I have friends who swear by it
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    Haven't tried it, but I've heard vitamin E stuff (or even just the vitamin E oil you can get) help with stretch marks... I do know that you need to work on them ASAP... start using whatever you're going to use while they're still red! That's when you have the best chance of getting rid of/minimizing them!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    I don't really know a lot about this, but can say that my Navy boyfriend who was overseas for 14 months was so excited to see me that he didn't notice ANY of my flaws. He was living with a bunch of guys the whole time, and despite my worries, he was thrilled to be home with me.

That said, look in the area of the store near the pregnancy and baby stuff. I have seen lots of creams there for stretch marks. One natural one at Whole Foods is called Mama Belly Jelly or something similar. I'm sure it would work the same. Good luck!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 643 Member
    St. Ives Collagen/Elastin lotion seems to work fairly well.

Noticed some fading with stretch marks. Seem to fade my cesarean scar more.

http://www.worldofhair.com/pro/stretch-marks.htm

This stuff supposed to work as well as their skin firming cream... the firming page wasn't working for me right now though.
    A friend of my husbands used the firming cream and said it worked awesome. Haven't had the money to try it myself though. :(

I know how you feel... Weight loss is great, but I'm noticing some things that out rightly disgust me about my body. Ah well... Want the weight loss... Need to hit the jackpot to have a plastic surgeon fix the excess skin and stretch marks. LOL