HItting the scale.

Options
How often do you guys get on the scale? I've personally been a fan of "if my pants are loose, I'm on the right track" weight loss plan. I have gotten on twice since I started this weight loss / getting healthy journey.

And by the way my pants are loose.

Replies

• sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh once a week on Thursdays, but I know some people weigh in daily.:smile:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss!! i 'm obsessed with the scale. weigh myself every day which is so wrong since weight fluctuates from day to day. it's good to weigh yourself once a week.
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Weigh and take measurements every Sunday, and also another weigh in on Wednesday to keep my motivation up.
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Daily so that I know what's going on with me day to day. But I weigh in officially once a week.
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week. Daily would just drive me insane and I'm too impatient to wait a whole week.
  • kellywaller1
    Options
    I get on the scale every day, I have lost 11 pounds on here according to my scale, however i have lost 2 pant sizes and iots of inches so you really can't trust the scale but I weigh every day anyway!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning! :)
  • adventuring
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only record losses.
  • shonasteele
    Options
    Every morning, sometimes twice (before & after workout or potty break)! I record them all on a calendar and log my average weight for the entire week because it fluctuates a lot.
  • alberteverett
    Options
    I hit the scale pretty much every time I walk past it. Seems obsessive, I know, but it has really helped me understand the ebbs and flows of my body. I can tell which foods are working best for me and which foods are working against me. It also allows me to push a little harder. If I know I'm off track for my weekly official weigh-in, I can do whatever it takes to get back on track.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in and record it every Thursday. But I am on the scale daily just checking it out, I like to know how my routine and foods consumed throughout the day are sitting with me...i find it interesting.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm in a challenge and I'm female so I weigh myself once a week. When I ignored the scale the results were not pretty - he will be my friend and mentor from now on
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Probably too often. I watched a commercial one time with people who had a chain attached to a scale. They were traveling all over the city. I think the commercial was for low fat yogurt or something like that. I don't want to be like that.

I weigh in officially once a week on Sunday night or early Monday morning. I often check during the week but have found I don't get motivation to work out more from gaining a pound here and there during the week. I may stop the mid week weighing.

Bottom Line: Once a week or so and don't operate your life as if you are chained to that scale.

Lisa