Hi Everyone

Options
I am new to the site and excited to be here I am 53 years old and need to lose between 60 and 100 pounds and hope to get insight and inspiration and a lot of support from all here at MFP so if you have any comments or suggestions for me please feel free to let me know. Have a great day and I hope to make many new friends here and getting started on my lifestyle change. I have been on this journey since July 4 08 and have lost 38lbs already but need the support of others who understand that sometimes its a struggle.
Have a great day everyone and its a pleasure to be here as a member.

Replies

• SASSYSMOM
    Options
    I am new to the site and excited to be here I am 53 years old and need to lose between 60 and 100 pounds and hope to get insight and inspiration and a lot of support from all here at MFP so if you have any comments or suggestions for me please feel free to let me know. Have a great day and I hope to make many new friends here and getting started on my lifestyle change. I have been on this journey since July 4 08 and have lost 38lbs already but need the support of others who understand that sometimes its a struggle.
    Have a great day everyone and its a pleasure to be here as a member.
  • elmt67
    Options
    Hi SASSYMOM. I'm new on this as well and want to wish you all the best in your quest. Congrats onn losing weight so far and keep up the good work. Wish I had some words of wisdom but I've been trying to lose these last 50 lbs. for quite some time now and so I, too, am looking for any words of wisdom anyone may have. Again, good luck and let me know how it's going. elmt67
  • Anna1
    Anna1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning ladies..my name is Anna i am new to the site..i am 42, 5 ft 155 i am trying to lose 30lbs i recentley lost 45 and gained back 10, i want to wish you all good luck and i would like to know how you are doing..so please keep in touch and any advise would be greatley appriciated..
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    i joined this site a week ago and have lost 3lbs good luck you can do it
  • Shannon15
    Options
    I'm new as well. I've been saying I'm going to lose weight all through college and now that I'm out I'm really trying to get serious about it. My biggest struggle is adjusting my diet. I come from a big family that socializes around food. I need some healthy options!
  • lovethyself
    Options
    I am new to the site as well and want to lose about 35 pounds. An Aerobics classmate of mine suggested this site to me because she is having great success. I have only been playing around on the site for about 1 hour today getting logged in and recording food. I can tell already that this site is very user friendly. I basically decided what I was going to eat while logging it into my meal plan. Not only did the food list have "tuna" it had the brand I was using in it's food memory bank. I then decided to add 1 serving of mayo to the bowl and added my relish that was not on the list to the meal as well. Bingo, the whole lunch including my 15 crackers was calculated for me. I like how it fills in the single serving size automatically for you and then you can determine if you can eat more if you want. I love this site. Thanks, aerobics buddy for telling me about it today. I am off to get some water and shower after class.:wink:
  • Felixanvk
    Options
    Welcome!
    Count on us!- That is why I love this site.
    something really value- add your food before you eat it. You will amazed how much you would not eat when you find out the calories!
    Walk or do some movements :wink: - dance in your own home when you are doing some cleaning. During the holidays, eat a spoon of everything, not a big spoon of course, I am pretty sure you have try everything before.
    I got me a pedometer... that push me to walk or move more.
    Keep the good walk my friend and welcome once again :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Good luck all. This is a great site to get started and get your inspiration. Keep up the good work.
  • cookie23
    Options
    Congrats on joining mfp. I joined the last week in Oct. and have lost 28 lbs to date. This is the first time in 10 years I am not 100 lbs overweight. DRINK your water!!! A glass before and after each meal really helps. WAIT 10 minutes before going for seconds. I did that at Thanksgiving and after 10 minutes I no longer wanted seconds. KNOW what a portion size is. Once you see the difference between what you were eating and how much you should actually be eating- you will no longer wonder why we're such a fat nation. COMPLEX carbs - whole grains, take a lot longer for your body to use and keep you from getting hungry. SET exercise goals and increase them slowly and/or vary them. GOOD LUCK & WELCOME
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Congrats on your weight loss thus far! I think you'll be glad you joined! I've only been on about 8 weeks or so and have learned so much about myself in the process.